o.k. this one is just for my information. I was wondering how many EMT are involved in vech. extraction? I'm a member of the the fire/rescue squad but I am also a EMT with the ambulance squad of the same fire company., the thing is, the last vech. rescue class we had had a good turn out with more then 30 firefigthers from all over the county attending. but I was the only EMT in the group....so I was wondering if the EMT's in your company get involved in the hand on part of vech extraication or do you wait for the rescue squad to bring the patient to you? Like I said just wanted to get a feel for how it's done elsewhere.......

Views: 758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ben, could you direct me to where I can find more info about this PHTLS method of removing a patient using a blanket roll.

I just took my states Vech. extraction couse(run jointly by dept of health and fire academy) and did not see any reference to this method. I did use some thing like this, but only after Ihave a c-collor in place and a short board behindthe patient. I use a sheet under thier butt to help left them out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service