Do you think that Fire Police are a important part of a Fire Company ??

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

every state has different aspects of this part of the service.. for most cases its an aux part of the dept.. supported by them or relief, but their control in many areas is police.. they are like an extension of their force.. a free part (exc workmans comp).. some municipalites use CSO designation as this function.. COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER...they do school crossing duty, patrol non violent areas like shoping malls, and normal driving patrols,but depending on the state or commonwealth they do not have police powers.. fire police do not either but are seperate from police...fire police occasionally do school duty at football games but are considered part time employees of the school district.. this could be a lengthly discussion depending on your particular service...and laws..
We don't have "Fire Police" never heard of them. As far as school events the sherrif's office has SROs at the school that handle all that for everything else we just work with the police as best we can, but we all know how that goes sometimes.
That depends on your department and the fire police, we are lucky we have a great group of fire police and trust me when I come down the block on the lead engine and I know the intersection is clear because our fire police are in control of it, or those days on the interstate and snow is blinding and they are keeping traffic from running us down and or controlling bystanders at a fire Ours take the job seriously and do an excellent job and are not thanked enough.
Absolutely. They can provide security, and also divert a mess that is likely to happen.
our fire police do a great job for us, what ever from traffic control to shutting down main st for a parade they do an excellent job for us...
For us Fire Police are important. Our fire police are older members whom feel they can longer perfrom firematic duties but wanna remain in the department and still help out. Pretty much all of the members have 30 plus years already active duty. I will tell you one thing though, they deff protect us from traffic and things of that nature. If we are operating on a certain block, you can garrentee its shut down till we are packed up.
Yes I do. They are a very important part of the fire service. They help keep the scene safe and secure. Keep up the good work!!!!!
In Maryland where I'm from in the county I live in. We are SPO's with no arrest powers & are controlled by the fire dept we joined.
I wish all firemen & ems personnal would fell this way.
It seems like PA fire police are a great asset to the fire companies.
Just a comment. Make sure you thank your Fire police for a job well done. Some times we forget to say thank you. A thanks for a job well done gos a long way. It shows that you are glad that someone is watching your back
Fire Police are a great thing. we are there for traffic control on incidents. There a great asset to the fire depts that have them

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service