We are having major problems with our pagers! We currently have Motorola Minitor 4. We have had them for a couple of years and they are just not doing a good job. Most of the speakers go out or get real soft, to the point you cant hear the tones go off. Alot of the times it will erase the call, instead of saving it. They just anit doing the job and we are having to spend hundreds of dollars getting them repaired! Our neighboring dept has the Minitor 5. And they haven't gave me any good reviews on those either. Any other pagers that anyone has, that you recommend!? Links? THANKS

Views: 253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go old school and kick it back with the Minitor 2's!!! They worked great, never had any trouble with them. We now have 5's and they seem to always quit working or not pick up the signal for one reason or another.
The Apollo pagers we have are the same size as the M-5's. Other Dept's around here have been using them, and they are also satisfied with them. We bought like 25-30 M-4's a few years ago, and they all had to go back for this and that. We really hated them. Still didnt work right after we had them supposedly fixed either.
We have the minitor pagers to and they dont really like the 5's either so i think we are going to try the Apollo pagers. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Minitor 3 and 4 software that they can make me a zip file of and email to me since we have bought it in the past and after it going from one Communications officer to the other if got lost and we only have about 8 or 9 of the Minitor 3 and 4's left and i didnt feel as if it was nessicary that we pay the 50 bucks they wanted to issue us another copy would anyone be kind enough to see if they can get this for me that would be great. Thanks alot and let me know what you others think about the Apollo pagers since we are going to try them.

Thanks, Ryan
You would think if they copy off of someone else they would try to make it better but the Apollo VP20o records what they say after the tones go off and they dont use the crappy propriety battery packs like the 5's do so if you are going to copy off of someone else at least try to do better then them not worse.
My department has actually gotten rid of all of our pagers... Why? It seems that the Verizon phones can be programmed to be a pager, so why have two electronic devices that do the same thing? And the additional costs is a factor as well.
I agree with Joe the minitor 2's were the best and we still have some in use today getting very hard to have them fixed, so started to purchase minitor 5's have about 8 in stock and less than 2 years old and having some troubles with, not impressed will look for something better if anyone has some good experience.
does anyone know where i could get a cheap pager if so please send a message
ebay
If you dont like your minitor 4s dont by 5s there 10 times worse

go back to minitor2 or 3s they seemed to be my best luck with them

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service