Admin OptionsEdit Discussion
Close Discussion Add Tags
Delete Discussion
hey guys i am new to FFN...but ive been reading your discussions and i really would value some input from you...here is my dilema..I am new to the fire/ems field..but i am addicted...i eat sleep and breathe this stuff..i have found my true calling. i have finished My EMT-B and just recently got on a volunteer FD.. while i am getting run time..i am still a rookie...my goal is to become a career ff...but in Ohio to do this almost every FD requires FF-2 and Paramedic...i am taking FF-2 in the summer.... and i found a Medic program to start in the fall(its rigourous..and accellerated(10 months) but has a really good rep..well anyways..i tested for there program and did really well..and the school is telling me i am a really good fit for the program..and people i have worked with are telling me i could do it..but the two peoples oppenion i value most(My Chief and ems Cord) and a little leary...they recommend at least 1 year experience as a basic before going any farther. my question is.. what are some of the pros and cons of jumping into medics quickly?
Any input will be greatly appricated.
Doug Roebuck
Stay Safe God bless!

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for everyones imput..as of right now i am signed up for the class...but i have the chance to back out if i decide i am not ready..it will all come down to how i much experience i get this summer. thanks again
Stay Safe
Doug Roebuck
As some of the other's have said too much can be bad. Make sure you take time for you and your family. I have had my Basic for a little over a year. I like you wanted to go right on to get my P card but knee surgery got in the way. I feel that it is ok to go right for it as long as you have a good head on you and can keep yourself grounded. If you get your P card remember that there are going to be Basic's that have years and years of time in and can still teach you things. As long as you are still willing to listen to people like them you should be fine. Just don't get the card and become a paragod.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service