Does anyone have or planning to have a custom arm patch designed for their department? I am currently trying to create a new custom patch to replace the generic Fire / Rescue patch. Any sugestions orhelpful tips will be welcome.

Views: 1163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just finished this project for our department and agree with the other posts here. make sure you look at what makes your department and community stand out and try to incorporate that into your patch. i googled "fire department patches" and there are several places that do custom patches and you can view patches they made in the past. this will give you an idea of what is out there and get you a basic shape. some of them, like the place we used, all you need is a crude sketch and they will do the art work for you and send it in an e-mail so you have an idea what it will look like before you get a run. and they may even make a sample patch and mail it out for department approval (check there was an order size limit for this to be free) which was nice because the finished patch lookes different than the artwork. somethings didnt work so we changed them. if you use them or not i dont care but here is their web page www.eeiemblems.com just food for thought and some place to get you started.
The problem with an all voleenteer FD is that some "history" gets lost from passing time and fudes. I really appricate the input that you all have given time for. My being on the department less than 2 years has some "old timers" giving me that "cocked eye" look because I am willing to take on any task that they give me. (I do jobs that some of the "probee's and junior FF's wont think of doing.) The major "symbol" of the area is the Piasa Bird. the problem is that it also covers 15 other stations...It's a regional symbol...And our department coveers 4 towns...Medora, Fidelity, Sommersville, and Chesterfield. Each distinct and seperate in thier own right. But covered by only one Fire Dept. and only ONE station. (in Medora) I am trying to develop an all inclusive patch for this dept. that wont offend any of our district.

Again, Thanks 4 your input.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service