AS MOST OF YOU KNOW ITS HARD ON OUR FAMILIES WHEN WE ARE HURT OR EVEN KILLED BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY IS IT THEY HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR BENEFITS JUST TO GET DENIED.IVE READ THIS TO MANY TIMES IVE SEEN IT AND IT KILLS ME TO KNOW THIS IS HOW OUR LOVED ONES ARE TREATED WHEN WE MAKE OUR FINAL CALL.BROTHERS AND SISTERS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WILL AND INSURANCE AND YOU KNOW SOMETHING IF YOU PROMISE A FAMILY YOU WILL BE THERE THEN DO IT.ALL TO MANY TIMES IT SEEMS LIKE WE ARE FORGOTTEN IN A SENSE AND THAT REALLY BOTHERS ME EVERY YEAR I MAKE A TRIP TO OUR MONUMENT FOR THE FALLEN HERE IN NY AND I GO TO THE FIREMANS HOME JUST TO SAY HI AND SIT AND TALK TO THOSE WHO ARE LIVING THERE NO MATTER WHERE I AM I STOP AND SAY HI
WE CAN NOT FORGET ARE FALLEN OR THEIR FAMILIES

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats a great idea. Insurance companies have the constant pissing contest. If your a LODD, whats to say your independant life insurance doesn't rely on your work insurance to pay the claim? I was under the impression if I were to die, my family would receive $200,000 from the FD insurance, no questions asked so to speak. There also is SSI for my wife to help support the kids on until they turn 18. I understamd your aggrivation and pain about the issue, but I don't think it is as bad as a lot of the stories are. The pressure on the insurance companies to pay is way too intense to not pay the benefit.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service