If your electric company offered you the choice of "Green Energy" such as energy produced from the Methane given off by landfills, at no additional cost to you, would you participate. Also if your waste management company offered recycling as a free option to you would you recycle your trash?

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the green energy powered my fire apparatus I would worry about it then.
Here in Chicagoland we have recycle bins that go out every garbage day (paper, plastic & glass). As far as the methane from a landfill, I guess I'd have to know a little more about how it works to make an educated decision.
Without a doubt. The methane is either collected and used as fuel to power something or it is just burned off at the pipe. Methane happens!!!!
As far as recycling, we have to take our recycling to our local township house twice a month, God knows it's worth it!
We have got to put effort into limiting our effects on this environment, for years we have heard not to put dangerous things into our bodies because it is bad for us... What about this living ball we are all stuck to??? Cost extra? You bet, it's worth it..
wimp. you can spend 7 hours skiing but you cant take a 5 minute ride to the firehouse. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service