What brand of leather helmet do you run? Mine is an '02 Cairns Sam Houston N6A. I actually bought it off eBay for $270. Got it and looked it up, the helmet is a deluxe version..its sells for about $500 or so brand new. Not a bad deal..

Views: 2051

Replies to This Discussion

I Have Two Paul Conways and Three Cairns. I love'em to Josh.
I have the Cairns N5 New Yorker. I former memeber bought it new around 1996 and paid $425 for it, needless to say a couple months later he needed some cash and stoped one day in town and asked if I wanted to buy it. I asked what he was asking for it and i about fell over hated for him but got the helement for $150. it was pretty much new, he took the ratchet out of it but still had it. I put it back in place and have since shipped it back to Cairns appox 2 yrs ago to be fixed. When I first joined we had appox. 10 guys with them now we are down to half.....
Got a Phenix TL2 and couldn't be happier.
Black Sam Houston, must be about 16 years old. It has been on and off my wall several times (1010 is the other choice) and has been re-painted more than I care to count. A friend of mine gave it to me brand new, she paid $450.00 some years back.

Would not trade it.
Hey Chief... You can easily paint a leather.... I have painted mine twice.. started black, went to red and now its yellow. Its easy and pretty cheap!.
I have a NEW YORKER N5A
If you need an NFPA compliant leather, spend the dough and get a Houston. A boston front dhould work just fine. I had the front for mone made by Paul Conway shields, and it fits perfectly.
I have been in the volunteer fire service for 25 years. I don't remember what type of leather lid we had at the time but I think they were New Yorkers After a few years we got all new Sam Houston's to meet the new standards with the impact cap. I wore my Sam Houston and then we started wearing 66oC Metro's. After a few years I decided I would rather wear my old Leather. Now I continue to wear my Sam Houston. Remember the phrase "Leather Forever"
Iwear the same, but did not get the deal.
I own two Cairns N5A's and would'nt trade for anything!
Bear251
I have a '08 New Yorker N5A. I am a recent leather helmet convert. I used to love my Cairns 660.
Sam Houston here, no ratchet (old school) and i love it. Got it second hand and refurbed it 7yrs ago, still looks good but seen a ton of fire.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service