Okay, I really hate these internet things but I can blame it all on one of my co-workers if it backfires (hrmf....you know who you are). Its Gran Prix weekend here in Lafayette IN, of should I say West Lafayette In, Purdue University is all amped up, they had beer in hand as I was coming in this morning at 0615. It might be a long day! Entertaining, but long. We stocked up on extra puke pans, who in the heck invented those little kidney shaped things anyway! Be careful out there everyone!

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I always wondered why emisis basins (puke pans) are shaped like that! Anyway, hello from Illinois! Welcome to FFN. Stay safe!
So the emesis splashes all over the Paramedic....lol!
I wish! Here they make us lowly EMT-B's sit in back with the pukers! Take care, stay safe!
Okay....first off, there is no such thing as a "lowly EMT" unless your working with some real pig-headed Medics. (note to self-address this issue with Illinois Medics I know)My EMT's save my butt on a daily basis. Secondly, drunks that are vomiting profusely are not protecting their airway, at risk for aspiration and in my book are at a high risk of buying a tube, its amazing how many lethargic patients I can make soooo much more alert.......but then again my patients get really, really drunk. I'm pretty sure its some sort of competition or something, lol.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service