We just took delivery of a new engine, and it has a ton of diamond plate.
What do you use to keep it looking new?
Has anybody used one of those powerballs for polishing it?

Views: 885

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Best thing is windex to clean and tooth brushes loaded with mothers crome pollish and a few probies to get it done. The power balls leave parts of itself everywhere ( it gets caught on the edges.
Power balls work great for polishing. We use "Blue Magic" and work it with gool ol' fashion elbow grease and then polish it with the power ball. Congrats! on the new rig.
Thanks for the replies so far Keep them coming
Black magic and elbow grease and lots of both....BUT, you might want to try a little diluted vinegar and water.....works well on the stubborn areas....I have a question since we are on the subject of cleaning and maintenance...How do you get hard water spots off the rig...our water must weigh about a ton...and we can't get the spots off....any help would be appreciated.....Thanks all........Paul
We use probies! LOL Seriously, power ball and chrome polich works great! Stay safe!
That's a different way to mount the pump panel. But i have a concern with the flood lights on the rear step. They seem to be sticking out a little towards the hose bed. They look like they might get snagged when you pull a line. Do they rotate to the side of the bed?
I have used Brasso polish to keep all diamond plate and stainless clean.
Asst Chief
You may check on a company called Chiefs Supply, they make a kit that works well on diamond plate. It's a form cleaner, that you spray on, let it work a min and use the brush that comes with the kit. I seem it at FDIC last weekend. Hope this is some help. Nice looking truck,lots of shinnie plate for someone to keep clean, But it's not RED.....
ok chief , let me tell you i drive trucks for a living and and work for a company that prides it self on looks of the fleet in the public. There are two products that i would recommoand to polich it the first is Zephrypro40 found at truck stops, this stuff is great i was on night shift and not able to keep up on the cleaning like i should have , but now on days it has not been done for a long time and this stuff brought it back top to shine in just a few minutes. with some rubbing and elbow grease. this stuff once on it protects the metal better than any thing i have used. i do use the polishing balls from flitz and they help out a lot so i don't spend time rubbing . work smart not hard . flitz polish is the second on i would use go to flitzusa.com to buy it along with the polish balls . and good luck with it
I know it is not RED it is a real fire truck..........LOL
i found that the best thing to use is a mothers polish and and powerball i also found that tirewet tire gel works very well on the tires and doesnt go everwhere

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service