We have had a few fundraisers like bake sales and chili suppers even a car show but you can only do so many of one thing . What do the other departments do ? Hopefully this will help others along with us .

Views: 205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most likely because the ones you named are funded by the city or you pay for the services. As for volunteer fire departments we count on dues that might get paid , grants that we might get or donations that we might get depends on your luck .
there is always the easy way of getting funds. we do a boot drive where members stand in the road as the traffic is slowed down and the public stop to give change or what ever they like. sometimes a few choice words. the best part of it is the state cops that drive though even give . the choice words one hope that we don't go to there house or mva becouse the lot has a amazing memery . we have been do this for 6 or 7 years now and do over 5000 in cash. so good luck
Thanks for all the answers.
We have some fund raisers throughout the year. We raise money by other means other than fund raisers, though, so these two are the ones we already do: Annual Charity Golf Outing and coin tosses. We are in the process of having a vacation voucher.
vacation voucher ???
Yeah. We are using a travel agency in our town to get a $5,000 vacation voucher to be raffled off. We bought 2,000 tickets so it'll total $20,000 with about $6,000 going towards fees and such. $5,000 goes towards the vacation voucher and the rest goes towards our fire company.
we will start this one on june 8th will let you know how it goes
Thanks
we usely have a cook-out dearing fire preventing week
Bumped up so you can find it .
Our department does a steak dinner in March (almost had to cancel once due to a blizzard). We are a small dept of 30ish in a community of less than 3000 - we serve 500 dinners and could do more - if we physically COULD do more. 10+ years it is a great success and the "social event of the year" People love to come and see old friends and chat.
Our Auxiliary does a Community Birthday Calendar, for 43 years and running!!!! We go door to door and sell a calendar which lists individual birthdays and anniversaries on it, as well as community meetings. Each listing is paid for - but it is CHEAP - just $6 for your family's names to be listed + you get a calendar for that. There are also ads that we sell to businesses. The initial set up would be the extreme part but after than we each have "routes" and we just return to confirm if they want the calendar again, if there are any b-day A-nny changes and that's it, then we return to deliver the caledar. Again we are a SMALL community so it is doable, but it is a good fundraiser - and having calendar route is a requirement of our Auxiliary membership - we each do a route.

I sell SCENTSY, a flameless, wickless candle - they use electric warmers using a night light bulb and a special low temperature wax - it will NOT burn skin even if spilled. I do fundraisers for Fire Depts . As promoting a SAFE ALTERNATIVE to traditional open flame candles / tart burners is both a great safety PR campaign as well as a fundraiser. One of the things that many like is that they can order right on line, have it shipped direct to the purchase and the FD gets the $$ credit for the sale. Some do a display at their open house or Fire Prevention week and then we hold the on-line party open for 2 weeks and people order that way. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to let you know more or set you up (anyplace, not just in NY). I can also set someone in your dept up and they can be your direct representative. email me at safescent@gmail.com
If you want to see the product, feel free check out my website www.scentsy.com/newyork

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service