I'm going to be testing on and off for a few days turning on a function that limits viewing profiles to ONLY members.

Let me know your thoughts. Essentially, unless someone is logged in, they can't view a user's profile. They can still browse all the content, pictures, videos, etc., just not individual profiles.

Depending on the results of that, I may add a second feature that will let users control whether to make their profile viewable by friends only but that probably isn't likely. It would totally be your option if I do test that.

Thanks
Dave

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Opinions are like ____ you know the rest. If it is a good opinion it don't matter who it come from. Just like comments the bad ones don't matter they just show how much gray matter is missing.
I like the idea, I was wondering about how many people actually look at my profile because only a few leave a message or send a friend request.

As far as the forums, these are good forums but I dont like the layout of them. I belong to another forum as well where I am a moderator and spend most of my time there. I apologise for not being as active here and I will try and be more active again. I enjoy talking with people like Art and Fasny Training about current topics, but maybe you could make a new set-up for the forums? Use a template with topic titles like "Firefighting Tactics", "Hazardous Materials", "EMS Issues", etc etc, this way its in a more usable format and easier to find what your looking for. Just an idea, if you need to ask exactly what I mean ( Which Im sure some of you are going "What the &*#$ does he mean?!") send me a message and I will explain it better.

Im all for any idea that promotes better educational forums and training ideas. Sign me up!!

Moose
Great idea,
Just to let you know there are a few "Profiles" here that are for dating services and I think that we do not need those profiles on "our" site
EXACTLY!! Like the guys with barely any clothes on in dorky poses...Or the half naked ladies laying on beds...Keep the profiles professional, like a picture of you in turnouts or station uniform, leave the clothes on and the "Beer" shots out! wink

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service