im looking at this nice black structural fire helmet by bullard its got the bourke eye sheild and googles. it is the traditional style that is customizable just give me yalls opinion on this helmet. if you want to see a pic this is the url.

http://fireauthority.com/style.html?assort=fireauthority&style=...

Views: 408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes, i agree. i wear a cairns 1010 now and it's my favorite helmet. although i do have bourkes i have goggles with them. if i was buying a helmet now it would either be a cairns 1010 defender or a cairns 880 chicago.
Yea no doubt bourkes arent a good form of protection but when would you need them? you usually have the scba mask on most of the time any way and at vehicle accidents or overhaul, etc you would most likely use safety glasses. thats what my dept. does. we dont bother with goggles or faceshields unless you want them on your helmet. personally, i think safety glasses are the way to go for eye protection
I have a Cairns 1044 issued by my department. I'm not a big fan. Our chief ordered them with 4" faceshields, which I never use (safety glasses in my coat).

Before we got these helmets, I wore a Conway American Classic with ESS Innerzone II goggles. I ordered this helmet as a tester after my previously issued helmet was burned at a fire. This helmet rocked. It has a lower center of gravity and the goggles actually keep crap out of your eyes, unlike the faceshields. Unfortunately, I couldn't wear it after the new helmets were issued, but I still have it.

Bourkes may look cool, but I could think of better, and more useful, gear to spend my money on than something as impractical as those.

Also, shop around for the best price. Do your homework. My Conway helmet came in a lot less than the others, and I got it from www.paulconwayshields.com, who was offering a special with the goggles.

Stay safe,
Chris
the price is high check here i think it's same helmet for around $70 less.. http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.cfm/pid_878_bullard_tradi...

I've got a Ben II it's a heavy helmet, but i know it will take a beaten..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service