My opinion is that both have their place ,but, i prefer tha smooth bore

I have used them both and it just seems to me that the sb nozzle is easier to manuver in an interior attack because of the slight pressure difference.
Although, on the first in line your adrinline takes care of manuverability for you, but, as the call goes on I tend to tire less while using the sb.

Views: 986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Correction - The commercial fire comment should have referred to 2.5-inch hose throughout. The 1.5-inch hose reference was a typo - my department has no 1.5 onch hose.
So, for those who prefer the smooth bore - what NP do you run? I find that the nozzle reaction at 50 psi (180 gpm) makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible for one person to handle.
I have use both of them and prefur a combnation nozzle which gives you the ability to do both
We carry Chief nozzles on our truck , they only require low pressures , but still put out adequate gpms resulting in better handling and maneuverability ... we usualy run 110 psi on the 150' and 130 on the 200' ... our front jump line for car fires have a sm20 for optional foam applications .. if this 100 footer is maned by one firefighter while the other is cutting with our saw .. 90 psi will suffice to do an effective attack.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service