I was just on Fire Engineering's web site and the had a poll question;

"Does your department train firefighters on emergency doffing procedures for bunker gear which has become super-heated or is burning?"

I answered the qustion "no" and found that 91% of the persons answering the question, answered no. That is a very good point and potentialy a good training drill, does anyone have the "proper procedures" for emergency doffing??
I'm sure everyone knows how to doff their bunker gear, but what about if it is on fire or super-heated?

Views: 173

Replies to This Discussion

We don't train on that either. With the old low pressure scott paks I used to train on hot bottle exchanges, but then we switched to the high pressure and with so much thread on the hose you could not possibly do that safely. We now have the quick connect bottles but training has not been reintroduced. I hope that if your gear is "super-heated" your training them to get out before doffing!
If your bunkers are on fire, have someone spray water on them. This is much quicker that taking them off. Again, if they are "super-heated", spray water on them and then take them off. I have never heard of any kind of emergency doffing procedures. It just doesn't make any since.
Thanks Dave

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service