iI LOVE HOW NOBODY NEEDS TO TRAIN.BUT EVERYONE MAKES THE CALLS.SEEMS TO BE A BIG PROBLEM IN ALOT OF COMPANYS

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ill tell u here in mcnairy county once you join u get know training if ur first call is a structure fire u get a hose and do what you want.thats called freelanceing.i hate freelanceing very dangerous.but my hands are tied.but to extricate you have to be tars certified or u cant touch tools
here they dont care just to say their firefighters is all they want.we tryed that to
we try it dont work they just quit right know theirs only two of us running calls me and one other guy.very hard with only two but manage
i wish i had more people who thought like you
my old department went through same thing someone called mayor said that they didnt even know how to draft so i trained them on it they had know more problems.i left they quit trainig
good work knoledge is king u never stop learning.i do inhouse and state cert classes here
we tryed that know were down to two people running calls.i agree training is key always.i try ti instill that anywhere i go u never stop learning when u do its time to get out
io think that you need to talk to your chief about the problem between you and the to officers and she if you can make thing better between you guys its probably just a misunderstanding and once its over you will be able to attend your meetings more regularly and be able to go on calls and help out because a you are there and b because you will know what to do
tennesse association of rescue squads
true what people dont understand is whether your paid or vol you have a job to rescue people and save property.if u mess up u kill someone and have to live with it forever and thats why training is so important
i agree 100%
I agree that there is a problem in a number of departments. This is something that needs to be addressed at the department level. If you don't make drills or the minimum required training, you are out. This obviously would be hard for smaller volunteer departments, and may lead to the demise of more that a few. In the end the remaining members/departments would be better for it. And perhaps, we will stop killing so many of our own every year.

On a side note
Everybody on this board seems to be of a like mind. This is great, it has to start with us. We must lead by example. How can I talk about somebody else and their unwillingness to be educated, when on a quasi-professional message board, I don't use proper grammar or spelling. Why aren't we taken seriously? Why do some town managers see us as knuckle-dragging Cro-magnons? If we talk in a professional environment in the same manner we post on these boards, we shouldn't be suprised.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service