Happy Easter to all stay safe god bless!

Just wondering if anyone can give me some helpful information about SCBA's and a water craft both idems I know nothing about but I am in charge of getting them for my dept.We are a small dept but these are something things we are in super need of. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Please feel free to be nice about leaving advice.

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well to make it easier air packs and SCBA are the same thing so your down to two things
Assuming you are writing a grant, the most important thing you can do is show the need for these items in clear and concise language. Emphasize how firefighter safety is going to be enhanced, or a valuable service offered, or how the equipment will be useful to a number of departments besides your own.

Then make some estimates on the price of each item and add 10 to 15 percent for price increases. You can probably get over-the-phone quotes from the dealers for Scott, MSA, Survivair and Drager. Be sure to include one spare tank for each SCBA, face pieces, and possibly even factory training fo two or three members so you will have the in-house capability to conduct training and make minor repairs.

In your grant narrative don't be specific as to brand or manufacturer, so you have more freedom to select the best vendor when you have the money in hand and evaluated each brand.

Hope this helps.
Also...what kind of watercraft are you looking for? We provide dive/ice rescue services for our township and most of the surrounding county. We run with a dive trailer consisting of a Zodiac inflatable raft with motor, and a rescue truck that houses all the dive gear. Not sure if you are looking to equip for a similar setup or not.
I would definiately recommend the SCOTT SCBA's all lines have built in PASS devices with the Low Air Vibralert , most also have pack trackers for you to track a pack that has an activated PASS, They also have 6 LED's on the Regulator (2 green, 2 yellow, 2 red) for Air Status. They are light and excellent air packs.
I can give you some good options about water craft if you want to get in touch with me. You can send me an email if you want at waugustine@adventuresportscenter.com
Let me give you one (1) word of advice on the "Airpack" - "SCBA" issue... INTEROPERABILITY.

Might I suggest what other agencies within your response area are presently using. In my area, we have five (5) rural departments, plus one (1) larger city department. Years ago when SCBA's first came into use, SCOT was the only player. But as you already know, there are now numerous to choose from. Interoperability might be key for you and your department. JUst keep that in mind when making your selection. :-)
As for Water Craft... I am not really sure exactly what it is you are looking for. We utilize a RescueOne boat for our Dive Team. Why Rescue One? We purchased a Rescue One Connector Boats for the following reasons:

• Increase Responder Safety
• Diver Friendly
• Fire Pump
• Interoperability/Connectivity with Regional
• Durable
• Shallow Water
• Best Value

Here is the website link: http://www.rescueone.com/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword