I like the heart racing fact and the fact that your running in when others are running out.

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like being able to push myself through pain, and emotional stress to make a situation right for someone in desperate need of help.
I love the fact that not just anyone can do the job. I mean anyone can choose to try but only a select few are chooen by the job to stay. I've said before this is a way of life not a job, you've either got it in your heart and soul or you don't plain and simple. All the academies and schooling in the world can't make you a FIREFIGHTER it comes from within(academies and schools help you perfect the art) but the rest is something your born with. I have been a protector since I can remember, always helping those that can't help themselves,trying to restore hope when things look hopeless,trying to lead the way when all seems lost.I mean thats what its all about protecting the lives and property of our fellows.To us its an automatic response to do something in the face of a crisis,when others are stricken with fear thats when we shine. That is what I love about each and everyone of us and what we do.
I love the adrenaline rush! Nothing beats it.
I love the rush, being able to help people when they need it.
THats cause we are family
I love the family the knowing that the person next to you would die to save you and you them no matter what else was going on, ever be having a fight with someone in the house screaming about something stupid and the tones pop and your getting your pack on in the truck and look over and without a word you know your brothers or sisters..lol see Erin ..lol..but everything else doesnt matter just like real family a really dysfunctional family but a family!!
Plus I mean you tell me any other job this hard requires this effort that people are willing to do for free???
You see many volunteer cops?
Okay what do cops and firemen have in common??????? They both want to be firemen...;

A fire chief dies and goes to the pearly gates(as if) and St. Peter says you have to walk up to Haven and the chief says why cant I drive my chiefs car..St. Peter says no cars allowed..about half way up a chiefs car flys by lights and sirens and the chief gets pissed and yells to an angel "hey how come that chief gets to drive up???"
The angel yells back Thats no chief thats God he just thinks he is a fire CHIEF!!!!
I love almost everything about this job. The fact that you get to help people and nothing beats the rush of going down the street lights and sirens going to a call. One of the things i love the best is safety day where we bring all out trucks downtown and show them to the public, the appreciation that is shown to us is amazing. Nice to know that people really do appreciate what you will do for them and what you are willing to give.
another great feeling is when your kids socialize about you.

"Whats your dad do?"

"My dads a insurance salesman."

"whats that?"

"I don't know, whats your dad do?"

"My dads a firefighter"

It comes with so much pride, especially from your kids
I like helping people when ever they need help I was raised with the idea from my parents to help everyone you can in life because one day you may need help and they will help you. when I help people i do not charge them for it and that also fits in with being a volunteer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service