Are these a thing of the past? Back in the 1970's and 1980's they were everywhere. One literally every 3 weeks or less. Now we get one or two invites a year tops. These were amazing for public relations, made a little money for the host department, and was a absolute blast to run, or be in competition with. Insurance issues being as they are threw a wrench in the system, but truely can any of you explain where they have gone, and why they are so non existant?

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lack of interest? Nobody has time for training,you can't really expect them to muster!(sarcasm) It bugs me to.
The fire service is not like it used to be. every one is loosing interest in the fire service can't get kids to volunteer and the guys that are in you have to kick in the @$$ now and then to get them to do anything. no wonder that the traditions are falling of.
Am I the only one that misses these things? We had an absolute blast at every one we went to.
no doubt
Maybe it is time to revive the old ways. Find ways to get people interested again.
It would be worth a shot
I know we used to have so much fun practicing for the muster. Man the good times. We would get together the day before and completely detail the engine going for the parade. The morning of, we would load the coolers, and our mini parade of members, and families would go to battle. I miss this!!
I HAVE READ YOUR DISCUSSION ON FIRE MUSTERS AND I CAN AGREE FROM EXPIERIANCE. I CAN REMEMBER BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S OUR SMALL COMMUNITY SPONSERED A MUSTER AND WE HAD THE TIME OF OUR LIVES, SINCE THEN WE STOPPED HAVING THEM THEN IN 2001 I BECAME ASST.CHIEF OF OUR DEPARTMENT AND ALSO THE CHAIRMAN OF THE CARROLL COUNTY FIRE CHIEF'S ASSC. AND WE HAVE TRIED TO BRING BACK THE MUSTER. WE JUST HAD OUR 5TH. ANNUAL MUSTER YESTERDAY AND WE BARELY HAD ANYONE SHOW UP. IT'S LIKE NO ONE WANTS TO DO THIS FOR FUN ANYMORE. HOPE NEXT YEAR IS BETTER. BE SAFE.
POSTED ON THE MASS CALL VOL. FIRE ASS. WEB PAGE THERE ARE TWO MUSTERS IN SEPT. ONE I GREENFIELD, MA ON SEPT 9TH AND SEPT 15TH IN MILLIS, MA. I KNOW YOU LIVE IN RI BUT IT WOULD BE A GOOD ROAD TRIP. YOU CAN COUNT ON ROCKPORT BEING THERE.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service