Okay yeah this is a fluff subject but I wondering because after 16yrs of marriage I am single and its hard enough being a single parent of 3 kids Yes some fathers do take care of their kids and it seems that everyone I see who is happy in the job and a realtionship is with someone involved??? I don't most people outside dont understand why I could work a 14 hr shift on a ambulance and get home dead and the fire whistle blow and run out the door?? Just asking..Thanks..Now back to more important subjects besides my love life

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I met my wife (before she was my wife), I told her that I don't get my honey where I get my money. That's a pretty good idea if you are a supervisor, at least. Anyway, she subsequently disregarded me and signed up in the first EMT class open, which I happened to be teaching. She's probably one of the best students I ever had the honor of teaching. She signed on as a volunteer on the rescue squad when we used to be a combination department, but isn't in it anymore, since we are all career now.
I met my girlfriend when i was 16. She was obsessed with the local fire department since her dad and brother are firefighters and her great grandfather started and bought the first engine for the Daretown fire department. well she turned 16, her name was brought up, someone had to open his mouth about females. She didn't join and i went over to the station numerous times and became interested again in the fire service. I'm now 18, have been with Janvier for over 8 months, i love every minute of it. My girlfriend is a NJ Licensed EMT and shes now going through fire school and shes been a member at Carney's Point Fire Department for about 6 months now and shes having a great time there working with her mom who's an EMT and now going through fire school. It's along drive and when she moves out there its gonna be over an hour drive to go see her but it makes her happy and she loves being an EMT. I love watching her getting off the job because helping someone gives her the greatest achievement feeling ever, and she hates me being with Janvier let alone a firefighter lol but i love the fire service and she knows theres no making me quit.
Hey there...
I have been in the EMS field for 4 years now and I met my husband 2.5 years old on a 911 call. He and I have been together on and off for that 2 years, but we are finally married. I think that it is better to be in a relationship with someone that is in the EMS or Fire Field because they share the same passion and you have someone there that understands what you go through whether it be that you just worked a 24 hour shift and are dead tired or you just came off a really bad call that is affecting you. Which I got into the EMS on my own, not cause I wanted to meet my husband and I will keep on being an EMT and working in the EMS field even when my husband is gone. That it's my 2 cents :)
Mine is not, but she does want to start taking picture of some of the calls we run. She is a big supporter of what we do out there, and this is the one way she feels that she can help out.
My fiance is one who will not join the fire department (too political) but she will assist me and the department in fund raising. Sometimes the small support roles are as helpful
I like that rule I don't want to have any issues where I am working..I dontknow I always try and say I am a person fire and ems is what I do but we all know thats a lie..lol
my better half was in the emt/fire gig but after his father passing (rip pops) he couldnt take it any more and hes now in the office doing paper work. sometimes he doesnt understand how it is and then i remind him that just a few weeks ago he on the streets doing the same thing im doing. i could never date somebody out side the business again cause they just dont understand what its like. well,thats my 2 cents :)
Well me and my husband both decieded to join our local vol. fire dept. 11 months ago. My son who had been with the fire dept. for 3 years turned 18 got his license, girlfriend, and along with several of the other jrs wasn't there as much. So we decieded to join. Have been loving it every since, we both are taking our ff 1 & 2 now, and plan on taking emr next. We have both agreed that if it is a str. fire that only one would go in, seeing that we also have a 11 year old girl (who can't wait to join). We both enjoy it, we keep track of which one of us has been to what calls.
Excellent a family affair, I come 3 generations of Irish firemen and with 3 brothers and 16 cousins (ones a cop he is the black sheep) we welcome your family to the sickness..Do have a single sister?
My boyfriend joined a year before I did. It sounded interesting so I had to check it out. I agree that if they aren't in it, they don't really understand. I could forsee someone being bothered by the pager going off in the middle of the night and me running out the door to god knows what becoming a major issue in any other type of relationship. Some would feel neglected or not important because they wouldn't understand just how much time we put into it. It's kind of like those who don't like skydiving-why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Well, we all know why we do it. And sorry, no single friends or single women in my department.
I echo the family affair comment, also the part about the "sickness". I think it is essential that your mate be supportive of one's efforts in the emergency services. I have been in the situation where there is no support on the home front, and it can be very discouraging.
Dan,
I totally get what you are saying... I am now divorced after being married to a fellow firefighter. We were together for 10 years. Now I am dating a guy who does nothng in public safety. He works in an office all day long!! SO far so good, but he hasnt been aroung yet when the pager went off and i left to run a fire or EMS call... I guess time will tell how he will react!! B SAFE

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service