I know I am a sub-rookie and all, but I have a major problem with firefighters carrying all kinds of garbage on their helmet bands. I recently saw a new minted LT who had every inch of his helmet band covered with crap, including a pair of trauma sheers with plastic handles. The last time I looked at my trauma sheers, the had a handle that could only withstand autoclave temps up to 280 degrees. It seems to be a sign of expertise to carry all that s*** on your helmet. Thoughts?

Views: 7818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just looked at the posters page, and it appears that he is only in ems, not a fire agency. im not really sure why he would have a problem with firefighters carrying tools like lights or chocks on their helmet where they can easily be accessed with gloves on when he doesnt experience the need for them. all i ever have carried to this point is a garrity, but i plan on adding chocks and maybe some nails at some point. its a matter of preference and need for what you carry. why would i carry something vital in a pocket i cant get to with an scba on.

i also have an american flag on the left side, a "FIREFIGHTER I" sticker on the right, and in the front i have a sticker that says "NO FEAR" that my dad gave me after i finished ff1.

I dont have a helmet band theres no need for one because i carry a flashlight on my jacket

i have 2 chocks and a flashlight on mine. not much at all

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service