So last night I got to hit the bunk at about 0100 after teching 10 runs. I just got into some really good sleep and then it happened! Attention medic 36, I awoke and yelled shits because I was having a really good dream, need you to respond to bla bla bla for a 36 y/o male pt ill person. Ok what ever I thought it would be the typical vomiting or headache, or flue like symptoms. So I get dressed and was gone in two min. running hot 7 miles at 0200. We get there and here he is standing there holding his jaw. I ask whets the problem this morning? So he said, “my tooth hurts and I didn’t feel like driving to the ED." so ok maybe there some thing here so I ask hoping not to here the answer I was told. How long has this been going on? “About a week" ok so now I wanted to kill him. “I just can’t sleep good" I swear to God he said all of this. not only were we there in the bus but rescue was there to eight people got up at 0200 for this guys tooth because he called 911. That’s my story and i'm sticking to it! What are your stories for the dumbest reason someone called 911!

Views: 443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a women call because she was scratched by her cat and did not want to get "CAT SCRATCH FEVER" but hey its the job we decided to take
Can you say "Cabulance"
I had the cat in the tree , the upset tummy even one that stubbed her toe on the chair not to forget the one that needed us to make sure the home pregnancy test said yes . We had a elderly man that fell two or three times a month we would get there and he did not want a ambulance . After five to ten minutes of talking he would take the ride get his stitches and come home later in the day or maybe the next . Some of the guys would stop making the calls cause " it was a waste of time " . After a year or so we got the last call for him he had fallen again he ended up in a nursing home and never came out he died 2 months later . Some of his calls were bull#&$* but i don't feel guilty cause i never quit going . Remember we are the ones the people trust don't blow it .
God bless the frequent fliers .Why in the hell do they have to wait till the wee hours of the morning. Also dont forget the drug seekers who meet you at the bottom of the stairs and walk over to the ambulance like its a taxi service.
Thanks for great stories!
New union the IASP
International association of stretcher pushers now taking apps
I was also going to note that a toothache could be cardiac, but I see someone mentioned that already .... probably not with a week's duration though.
Okay get ready for the call I have a tooth ache right now!
BLS = Basic Limosine Service
ALS = Advanced Limosine Service

Stay safe!
I got paged at 3 am one morning for a man with a severe laceration. This was our only dispatch info. Got on scene and found the pt standing at the front door with a paper towell around his thumb hiding a 2 cm laceration on the medial thumb he got "while cutting carpet about 5pm last night". So it begged the question "so why did you decide to call us now?" he said "I was trying to sober up and didnt want to waste my gas" Yep this is northwest montana life.
Guys dont get Me started My Paid Job is a Telecommunications Officer for Madison County 911 Literally in two days I could write a book thicker than a dictionary on dumb 911 calls

Sgt King
dont feel bad i have a few cals like that

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service