Specing new and first quint and want single axle. Seems to put us really heavy with steel ladder. Have not been on aluminum ladder in long time but there is a reason for that! Have there been improvements? Please give accurate impartial advice. This truck will be in service for at least 20 yr.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should check out Ferrea apparatus, they offer a single axle 77 ft quint program truck for 500,000 I believe is what i saw. Even if thier product is not what you want thier engineering dept is very helpful, they have helped me with several issues. By the way no affiliation with the company just had good experience with them
Thanks Patrick, Ferrea is one on our short list so far!
Hey, we have a 75' single axle E-One Quint. It has been in service for 6 years and no problems so far. E-One is all aluminum and built from the frame up at their plant in Ocalla Fl. Were a beach side community in Central Florida and a steel ladder would be nothing but rust! We are 3/4 mile from the Atlantic Ocean and salt is constantly in the air. We perform ladder maintenance at least once a month and have it professionally serviced once a year. As I said no problems to date. Hope this helps any other questions just post.
Be safe.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service