Saw this on the news this AM. Water main break in LA.

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Explain that to the Chief ?????
Explain what to the Chief???

The road dropped out from underneath them because during a water main break, it undermines the earth and the pavement is the only thing holding together, just waiting for something to swallow.

I haven't heard of any details yet but if they were traveling the sudden stop can seriously injure or kill you especially if your were NOT buckled up. In this specific case the sinkhole, then filled with water (if injured or unconscious) you could easily drown in the damn cab. Nothing funny here... could easily be a techincal rescue on fellow brothers.

This is far worse than an ooops or explain this to the chief. Thats a serious close call if I ever saw one!
I can see your point about the OOPS title.I should have put a better title to this. I was sure at the time I posted it that there were no FF injuries/fatalities at this.
i watched a news clip of it and it said the driver stoped and 2 guys got out and they were starting to back up and the pavement broke and they started sinking and got out it said it sank fairly slow but after the initial break they couldnt back out of it
Glad everyone is OK

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service