Here's your opportunity to put up a pic of your leather lid!

Views: 27943

Replies to This Discussion

My N5A
Attachments:
This is my Houston I wear at one house. It has been striped down before and repainted and it is due again. I also have a New Yorker i wear at another house I work at..
Attachments:
new shield for new station Cairns N5A New Yorker
Attachments:
Mine after our last job.
Attachments:
Few more views
Attachments:
Photobucket

Still clean old front have a new front on it now ...its a N5a
after a first due fire last night 02/12/11. It was HOT!

With my great uncles helmet from Balt. City 28 Engine:

I bought an N6A Sam Houston back in January from TFS. I ordered a front from D.E. Williams in Bullhead City, AZ, which arrived last week. I love the helmet, including the Bourkes/googles combo; but my Chief insists his tupperware helmet, with the 4" faceshield is safer. He thinks the faceshield will protect your hood and thus your face from burns.
Well, he is wrong. The faceshield melts early at a fairly low temp. Your leather will take more heat than a plastic helmet. But, you can only win the argument and therefore permission to use it with facts. So do some deep research and make a factual, adult and convincing argument. Heck, do a Powerpoint when you have finished your research, chiefs like that! And, do not tell him he is wrong, educate him. It took me 15 years of convincing to get my department to let us wear leather helmets. Even though over the 127 years we have been a department we have worn leather for 92 years and now for the last 6 some of us wear leather again. Good luck.
The powerpoint is a good idea. I will try it and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.
my 3 lids

Here's mine a Msa New Yorker

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service