I notice quite a few people on this forum list a MySpace page for their personal website. I was curious if anyone has heard of Windows Live Spaces?

It seems to be similar to MySpace but more professional looking. One thing that I have noticed is that it is easier to configure and add modules to your page such as adding an audio stream, rss feed, etc.

Here is the one that I just put together. Took about 15 minutes and was very straight forward. One thing that I did notice is that it doesn't seem to play well with FireFox (go figure) so if the modules don't load try viewing with Internet Explorer.

I don't believe it can take the place of FFN for social networking but I found it to be an interesting site and thought I would ask what other people thought about it.

Stay safe,

Jeff

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice clean page. I can understand the FireFox problem, after all "Windows Live Spaces"...
I agree, the layout is very clean and there are several to choose from. It does seem to be a bit more difficult to search for people that I know (meaning the process is different than what I was used to) but once I got the hang of how the feature worked it wasn't a problem.

One cool feature is how it integrates with messenger. If a person on your contact list updates their page there is a small icon next to their name to let you know to go and check things out. If you hover over this icon you can see a small snapshot of what they had changed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service