I have been part of the department for some time. You have to admit it feels good to hear girls/ladies say hello, wink, wistle, whatever. And for the ladies, when the guys do the same. I understand on duty the professionalism is held to the highest. But what about off duty? I know plenty of married firefighters that have or currently are cheating on their spouses. I personally find it disrespectful to the families and disrespectful to the department. It's like and in most courtrooms, a crime. If you ask a judge, they will rule in the favor against the cheater. Now know that they don't get time for the wrong doing. But down to simple morale, it's f**ked up. How do people hold their heads high with the knowing that you screwed up your family or another family for a simple go round.? How do you look at your spouse, that I might add is proud of what you do and brags about it, in the face every morning? Your spouse is backing you and your tough schedule, your horrible calls, and your home. Another question is how do you look at your children? I don't understand the concept of getting married and then cheating. Here is a thought, DON'T GET MARRIED YOU MORON! Maybe I'm a little old fasion at the age of 24, but all I have to say is F**K you and MAN UP! Not only the fact that sleeping with multiple people is wrong, but naturally dangerous. You can get STD's and not know it. And then bring that shit to work. Keep that stuff away from me. I have enough shit to worry about without you bringing something to work.

But this is my feelings on this. Ya'll let me know what you think. And I'm open to both sides of the story. I wanna know. It's just mind boggling to me.

Justin Hill

Views: 2932

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Amen brother. Im the same age and feel the same way. Sadly many dont feel the same way.
You are absolutly right, if you wanted to be a player u should have thought of that before getting married and having kids. Know matter who you are there is always going to be that real pretty girl that makes you wonder what if. But think of your lovely wife(she was when you married her)at home that takes care of you and your kiddos among other things.the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and when it is its usually over the septic tank. A remeber if you cheat on your wife with someone now, you will never have that sacred trust, do it once you will normally do it again or heaven forbid she do it. Just my thoughts
FDNY Battalion Chief John Salka summed it all up during one of his seminars: Integrity. It should be one of your most prized possessions. And once your integrity is compromised, that's it - it can't be repaired.
I'm glad to see that others up hold professionalism on and off duty. It's such a shame that people do this. It makes people look bad. And doing this doesn't only reflect on the cheater. It reflects on all of his co-workers who don't ask for that attention (You IGNORANT BASTARDS). I don't wish harm and hurt on anybody. But with my beliefs, I don't help anybody that doesn't help themselves. I have had others come up to me and ask to cover them because of some fling. I told them I'm not going to get involved. They can take it how they want it. But that's their choice. "I'm my brother's keeper" is a saying that is taken way out of content. I'm only a "Brother's Keeper" if you aren't bringing me or my family and friends down. I hope we can get this through some of those dumbass' heads.

Thanks for the replies,

Justin Hill
Being in good faith is a vow you make before god in marriage. Any questions?

(remember you will pay the pennance one day when you chose the wrong path)
I hear what you are saying Justin and I agree with it, but the comment about STDs struck me as strange. There arent any sexually transmitted diseases that you are going to "catch" by working around or with someone with an STD, except of course for the exchange of bodily fluids, in the numerous ways that may happen. You bring the flu to work and infect your co-workers. You generally dont infect co-workers with STDs unless you are sleeping with them so there is no concern about catching it from a fellow firefighter unless there is some untoward conduct occurring.
Its true that you take vows during almost any religious marriage. However, just as a point of information, not all of us are Christian (I happen to be a Buddhist). But the fact is that this is a point of personal integrity. Its not just a fire service thing. Cheating on one's spouse shouldnt even be a thought that crosses your mind if you truly have the selfless love for your spouse that marriage requires.
Great Post Justin....as had been previously said remember your vows (no matter what your religion is). And if a firefighter does no want to BE A MAN for your wife....then be a man for your kids.
I got you. But it's the fact that if someone who does this and becomes HIV positive and or have AIDS because of this. I don't want them at the station. And I understand that some situation are inevitable. But it's one less thing to worry about, if you get what I'm saying.
Yep I have noticed. And I'll tell you a story about PD. Down here in McAllen a local radio station has a game called "War of the Roses"! The station calls the suspected cheater and tells them that they won a free dozen roses from "Red Roses.com"! They also assure that there is no cost, just spread the word about the website. When they get them in the trap, they ask them who do they want to send the roses to? Of course they say the "Flings" name and address. The station say " Okay, how do you want to sign it?" ! The cheater usually says " Love, _____!". All of this is happening with the cheater's spouse on three way. Well they did a guy named "Juan" from a local PD. They didn't say which PD. The next day, some guys from our PD called the station and ask which PD where they talking about. And the station couldn't give that info for legal reasons. But the station was curious and asked "Why?"! The caller said, because we have 3 Juans and they all called in sick.
Why are you worried about catching an STD at work?
now youre in dangerous waters. i agree with you on the cheating thing, but watch, you sound like you are starting to discriminate against those with aids/hiv. i think you are trying to say that you do not want them there if they got it from cheating. but...it sounds a little discriminatory.
again, agree about the cheating thing though.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service