Any volunteers who are at the first responder level or the emt level have you encounter any problems with some of the personnel who work for an hospital owned or operated ambulance service? I would be interested in knowing I am kinda of doing a straw pole. If any of you have ran into problems or encounters then I dont need to go any futher. Anyways be safe, danny

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

I have with a couple. I'm a first responder and an EMT in training. I think that in every group there are a few bad apples. The majority of the people we work with though are awesome and great teachers(if we're willing to ask the questions!)
I think we all have at one time or another but almost all the ppl i work with are a great bunch and like having us on scene.
I agree with the others that for the most part all is good. Most work very well and even love the fact that the other one is there when needed, we both have jobs to do. You always have circumstances where an individual don't always play well with others. The fact of the matter is we both have one common goal and that is top notch patient care. If both sides keep that in mind then the patient will always receive just that.
I work with (dispatch) hospital-based ambulance crews at my day job. They do interfacility critical care transport (ALS plus a transport RN). Most of the hospital-based medics have volunteer 911 experience; a few have been paid 911 fire/EMS workers. Because they work directly with nurses and more closely with med control docs than most scene responders, they're probably more comfortable with their clinical skills than many of us who see maybe one intubation every three months and rarely need to call for drug orders. Some of them might have gone soft on their scene skills -- doing interfacility work, they don't normally have to deal with scene safety or extrication or even reading a map -- but they're Jedi knights of patient care.
Dont even get me started on our "wonderful" Hosp based Ambulance Service.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service