Hello All! My Chief has designated me the IT go-to guy for our department (basically because I can type!!!) He's asked me to create or find NFIRS Forms that he can type on the computer, rather than by hand. I can't seem to find anything but PDF files. Does anyone have a suggestion that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? THANKS!!!

Views: 421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We use the Red Alert Entry Level module from Alpine Software.

http://www.alpinesoftware.com/

It's not an arm AND a leg but it's more $$ than when we bought it a few years ago.

Not only can you enter the reports into the database, you can also do your reporting electronically either via email or snail mail. It allows you to keep detailed records on each member, run reports by member, type of incident, monthly reports, total number of hours of service, membership mailing labels and much more. We utilize only a small percentage of its capability.

It's a big investment, that's the big disadvantage, but the database and fire reporting aspects of the program are (IMHO) well worth it.
If yall are like us and cant really afford any of the professional software I do my reporting to nfirs online. I used omni form to create a form and enter my information in it to make hard copies. The forms I created were put together after about a year of refinement. Pretty much what I need when entering most type fires, mvc etc. Nifirs web site has forms you can download and print but there is more on them than you need for reporting. If i can help let me know, been where you are and guess still am.
Firehouse Software has a program. I'm not sure what it costs.
Here in Illinois, if you take the NFIRS class, they give your department the software AND the computer.
There is free NFIRS program through either FEMA or USFA; I can't remember. Our neighbors to the west use it.
We use Firehouse Software. Good program and they have always been very helpful when we had a problem, which are few and far between.
Good luck.
Art
Try www.firestationsoftware.com. By the end of the summer, it will have the NFIRS 5.0 solution you are looking for. It also is very affordable.
If you have Adobe(not just Reader), you can create text boxes on a PDF for the document to be able to be typed on.

You can even create a MS Word document to mirror the NFIRS form very similar to the NFIRS report. It requires some patience and being fluent with Word as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service