Seems a little odd to me, but whats your take? I noticed right after signing up I had like 12 friend requests, (10 I never heard from again.) I feel kind of wierded out when my first post was a absolute novel about buying a book and the complete book review. anyone else think this is wierd? (yes I took them off the friends list) Whats the point of adding 200000 people if you don't interact with them?

Views: 107

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Im hoping it never comes to half of the crap that myspace is dealing with. they even have problems with people embedding spyware and malware programs in the background code images. Thats why I refuse to make my page for here like myspace.
Okay, I saw the stuff too. I've been pretty much just accepting any friend requests because I don't want to appear unfriendly, but I have had to cut back a few of the groups I was signed up in that nothing was going on in and I guess I'll have to look over my "friends" and see if there's any merit to keeping a bunch of them. Since I'm not on myspace (and don't plan to be), I guess I won't have to worry about that.
Within 24 hours of most new people joining, they get a novel proposed on their page about buying a book, and I don't know it just seems off to me. Check for yourself, go through some of the new people that joined yesterday, its a total cop and paste job about the book
i can see if it was fire related equipment such as hose, trucks, gear even if it is used. i think that kind of stuff would be alright it may even help out smaller fire departments afford equipment that the could not buy before or if they were turned down for grants.
The book by Tom Kenney I don't have much problem with,he is a FF and it's about FFs.But I agree that there is alot of one time hits,delete,delete,delete.I dont believe that the Chief started this site to be a sales market.He is on a vacation,when he gets home I bet this will be dealt with.
Folks

If you get spammed on your comments form or elsewhere, PLEASE let me know ASAP by clicking the 'Report an Issue' link. We, like you, don't want anyone just using the site to promote products or services. Some are VERY innocent with no ill intention, others not so much. I assure you, these will be deleted immediately once they are brought to my attention. This is definitely NOT intended to be a sales market!

Thanks
Dave
He was warned right away. Some folks just don't understand....they are used to MySpace who is unlikely to warn anyone. Here..if it happens..report it and we'll contact the user ASAP and tell 'em to stop.

Luckily it doesn't happen as often as it could..

Dave
Sometimes breaking up ain't hard to do :)
Sean look at Mel, shes trying to sell me some bridge in brooklyn... Does seem like a great investment.. :)
Which reminds me that I need to go through my "friends".
I don't understand why they want to be friends never to be heard from again.
Maybe it's low self-esteem, which I can't possibly relate to.
TCSS.
Art
Hey Art. I had that blog post and then 3 days later true to my word I deleted over 125 people. Be careful when removing, the photos delete quick and 1 miscue and you erase someone you didn't want to. (again sorry Siren lol)
You deleted FIRE SIREN?
Remember how fingernails on the chalkboard sounded?
I do NOT want to be within a hundred yards of you.
I'll be over; check that, UNDER...

There!
Take extreme care and stay safe, if that is possible under the circumstances.
Art

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service