I get made fun of some for liking the fire service . Like I will be playing Basketball and I'll hear the Federal Q and I will run to see what is is . Or I was playing the other day and a Engine rolled up and was filling up from a hydrant and I would not take my eyes off of it . So back to the question.So they call me Fiwreman or fiwretruck boey or crap like that. I'm not ashamed of having a passion to be a Firefighter but it is really starting to make me mad.

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok . Thanks
No sir. I have not yet joined a fire dept yet. But I go to the FD and stuff. This Spring I am doing some Tower Co. training with the station . I will upload pics when I do this . Would you add me on your friends ?
Thanks . Will you add me to your friends ?
Thanks alot . Will you add me to your friends?
They are simply trying to get a rise out of you. To do this job on a paid setting or a volunteer setting, you need to put what these people say aside and continue on your path to success. They can ridicule you all they want because (once you join) you will be making a differance in their lives. It may be directly (their house, or car or injury) or one to someone they can be close to. I had the same problem when I was a teenager. (yes it was a few years ago lol) Now, I am still in the fire service, and some of the people who were the biggest "ball busters: have either joined the service through the fire or ems side. Apparently they don't think its such a joke anymore.

Moral of the story...... Who cares what they think. They are immature jouveniles who will say what they do to "look cool" in front of their friends. Since their personal words don't affect the way you do your job, keep moving forward.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service