Well .To my understanding TNT is a good brand . The station here does not have them but I heard they're good.

Views: 512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to agree w/Brock. we have two sets of TNTs, never had a issue. Right now we are budgeting for another set, to make three sets in our dept. I specd the new Brute Force Cutter and cant wait to get ahold of it. Also for maint. u can go to a class at TNT in Wisconsin to become a service tech. The cost is $700 and you come away with a set of $600 test gauges, otherwise the cost is $100- all hands on. The reason I know this is because 2 of our mechanics have been to it and the dept is sending me also. The next class is July 9-10 and you can get more info by contacting TNT on thier web site. Dont see Hurst or any of the others doing that!
I like hurst, but personaly, i would take a set of irons, Halogan Bar and Flat head ax. With that combo you can go through anything.
First, you have no idea exactly what set-up I'm talking about.
Second, I made no mention of Lukas tools.
Third, you didn't answer the question about what Hurst tools you're using in comparison to your brand.

How about answering a question instead of a sales pitch to someone who isn't buying?
Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD do it.

Why would you cut spreader arms with a cutter, ever?

Cutting through spreader arms isn't something that you'll ever have to do to extricate a patient, so doing it has no practical purpose related to training or rescue operations.
If you are teaching something that isn't realistic, then you're re-inforcing poor tactics.

Cutting the strongest part of the car may not be a great move, either.
Why would you attack the strongest part of the car when there are weaker parts to attack?

It might be smarter to do a more complete size-up, evaluate other options, and attack a weaker part of the car that's less prone to explosive failure than, say, the B-post passenger side of a 2006 Chrysler Caravan.

General rule for extrication - Explosive failures are bad!
This is based on Newton's second law of motion, which states that the force applied to an object will equal the mass times the acceleration. If you apply a monster force to a relatively small-diameter object (less than 2 inches) then you're going to get a correspondingly monster acceleration from an explosive failure, especially if that relatively small-diameter object is hardened, to say, 50 on the Rockwell scale.

Ditto for cutting Nader pins - just because we can doesn't mean that we should.

I'm not bashing your tool brand here, mind.
I'm just questioning the reasons for doing some of the things you posted above.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Joe,

"The Amkus tool served us well for 15 years but the TNT cutters have much more cutting power."

So do the newer Amkus tools, and most other new cutters as well.

Thus, my preference for head-to-head, apples-to-apples rescue tool comparisons.
yea i can agrre with this. a good set of hand tools and the man behind them has beat hydraulics at competitions all the time. it comes down to set up times. this is not to say we don't need hydraulics because with todays cars and metals and stupid behind the wheel sometimes we need them. that is why we train and try to teach common sense, like try before you pry. went to a many a pin and unlocked the door and opened with the handle. a little shoulder and the door is out of the way. don't happen all the time but you get my drift. as far as a tool we are still using hurst 32b. they are old and slow but still beat muscle when needed. yes we have to attack the weak parts of the car, but chief thats takes training to know where there are ain't it eaxier to just cut. yea but not the smartest all the time. as far as core tech with holmotro you can do the same thing with a genises adapter with anybodys two line set up and don't have the lock up problem. core tech has an 1/8 hose in the middle which is friction loss and heat. i lean towards amkus or tnt. and yes service sales parts and training are very important. a model t with service and parts is better than a 2008 with none of this. makes great lawn funiture.
Dont forget the saws-all, handy man jack and a BFH. I love working with hydralic tools, but when something goes gunny sack with them alot of FFs are stuck. If you train with hand tools on a regular basis you will always have a back up.
We got the TNT products and love them. Our rep has always been there for us. We call him with questions, or he calls us just to touch base and see how we are doing. We never had a problem cutting, spreading, or running 2 tools at once.We just did another training, which our rep comes down to help. He also introduced a new product, which we bought a set of auto-cribs from him. They work really well also.
Check out the ResQtec line of hydraulic tools, I think you will like what you see.

We have been a Hurst company since the late 70's, and we did some head to head testing cause we were in the market for a new cutter, ResQtec G6 won hands down. We are now our now planning to pit the Fx6 combi tool against the new Hurst combi tool, the winner will be purchased that day. We have already evaluated the Fx6 once before, and were very impressed, but we will not make a purchase until testing them head to head on the same vehicle.
excellent move we have done this with foam and some other things also and is tho only way to compare. different companies do things different and the loser don't like it but we do the job. so cowboy up or go home.
I'm a Hurst Fan . Yes they're heavy but the damn things work. If there is an issue Hurst is right there to get it fixed.

Are they the perfection , no they could improve and seem to be allways trying to.

I have allways been impressed with Holmatro they seem finely built like a swiss watch the quality is high .

Well we don't cut roofs and doors with swiss watches we need simple rugged work tools and Hurst is all that.

I have found some design problems with Hurst that we had purchaced and telling the salesman is usally the path. The Path is slow and they can't get things improved rather just fixed or replaced

They are not the Company but usally some local vender. They are part of the industry and word of problems usally find there way back to the Design guys.

I would rather just deal with guy who makes the damn thing and tell him change this or this would work better than that.

A friend of mine made the holmatro switch . I once again was leaning that way due to the fact I respect the Guy .
Then at a Training session the Cutter Blade Snapped like a plastic fork ---- Back to Hurst for now
i think amkus is better

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service