What should we know about these new hybrids that are out there? i do know that they carry alot of juice threw them. what else should we know about them?

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Extrication on hybrids isn't much different than on a regular car. When they first came out the main power supply cable was orange. But now they have allowed them to be any color of cable they want. So watch for that. The only difference that I have seen is that it's more difficult to do trunk tunneling or cut the bottom side of the passenger car out. The battery box is usually located under the driver seat or in the trunk also. For the battery there is only 5 oz. of liquid in them and thats if you put it in a vise and compress the holy poop out of it. If the battery get wet or any damage to it, its supposed to deactivate it's self. Good thing to remember though is that if you are on scene wtih a hybrid they run silent so make sure its off so someone doesn't hit the gas pedal and away you go. It's also pretty easy to de-energize the charging system. There really isnt much more to worry about then the same things you would take caution with on any other car. I would be more worried about air bags, bumpers and the cylinders that open hoods and trunks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service