I need some help.

I am trying to identify additional cases where firefighters have been charged with involuntary manslaughter, vehicular homicide, negligent homicide or similar criminal offenses for line of duty conduct. The purpose of the research is to help develop procedures and training to avoid such charges - but first I need to get a better understanding of what type of conduct is leading to these criminal charges.

I am aware of the following already cases:

1. August 6, 2005 apparatus accident in Riverside County, California where the apparatus driver was charged with vehicular manslaughter (charges dropped)

2. August 2, 2006 apparatus accident involving a Fairfield, OH firefighter charged with vehicular manslaughter

3. Nov. 25, 2006 POV accident by volunteer responding to a brush fire in Seymour, Missouri, that led to manslaughter charges (guilty plea)

4. September 25, 2001 - live burn in Westmoreland, NY that led to criminal charges against an instructor

5. July 2001 wildland fire (30 mile fire) that led to manslaughter charges against the IC.

If anyone is aware of any other cases - please post them here or send me an email at jcatlaw@aol.com. They do not have to be present cases - any criminal case against a firefighter for a line of duty action - even 20, 30 or 50 years old - will help me to get a better picture of the scope of the problem.

Thanks

Curt
www.firelaw.biz

Views: 168

Reply to This

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service