I am a Junior Fire Captain. I have 8 months left of this "probation" period. In my company I like to give all that I can to the Juniors, after all they are the future of the company. Does anybody have any ideas as to what would be a good thing for myself to do for my juniors. Wheather its fun training ideas, or interesting fundraisers. All replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,
Capt. Jesse Young

Views: 535

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

hey... im a junior now, and one of the things that keeps us interested is being allowed to run, and do things on the scene. ALOT of companies wont allow it, so check your SOP, but that is what keeps me interested
Im kinda in the same boat here im the junior chief of my department we have abt 10 juniors and im gonna be a regular FF in july of 09 what i do is make it as fun as possible and keep them wanting to come back i know as a younger junior i hated going to drills so i started a junior drill night the juniors can train on the regular drill night with the other members but on saturdays we drill by ourselves with 2 drivers and we learn how to hit plugs run house pack the truck and we make it a competition a small challange like find the victim inside the car but to get there u have to drag the fully charged house than knock the barrel over and send it thru the cones than send 1 member while protecting them with water to enter the vehicle and find the victim ( usually a hand tool of some kind) stuff like tht and they learn were the tools are how to use the scba's and all kinds of stuff

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service