Anyone up for Sturgis this year? August 4-10. I've been out to the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota twice now and am making the journey again this year.. My father, brother, and hopefully a few friends will be making the trip too.. We are planning on being there for the full week. We camp at Lamphere Ranch which is right next to Glencoe, and across the road from Full Throttle Saloon. Buffalo Chip, and the drag strip is right down the road, and were just east of town... It's a heck of a good time.. Don't worry if you don't ride a HD, noone will give your a hard time... Just don't trailer your bike there, then you might be asking for it! (not really, just get there a few days ahead of time, and leave a few days after, and you should have no problems!!! :) One of my friends rode his '7? Kawasaki 650 out there in '03 and noone said a word.. You see almost everything there, babies in strollers, to the elders in wheelchairs (both of those are rare, but I have seen them..)... If someone is interested, give a reply and we'll talk!!!

Views: 101

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Cant do it this year but im in for next year. A bunch of my buddies are already making plans.
Hey Matthew, We are headed up about the 6th I think. We go every year. My favorite place is probably the Broken Spoke, It's hard to have a lot of fun at the Throttle when the highway is lined with cops all the way back into Sturgis. We went to the Boneyard in Whitewood last year. It was pretty dead, but hopefully better this year. I used to ride a ninja up there, the only problem I had was some really scary looks from a bunch of Bandidos in Custer. Now I ride a sporty. A lot of our friends don't ride Harleys, we've never had any problems. Like you said you see a little of everything, more of some people than others. lol. I think everybody should experience Sturgis and the ride through the Black Hills at least once. maybe we'll see ya there. Ride safe

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service