After the tornados ripped through our region (fortunately Carroll County Tennessee was spared) on the evening of Feb. 5th, a Team from our EMA were called to assist in conducting damage asessment in the Savannah TN area located in Hardin County. One story of survivial really stuck with me - probably because it's a tip on saving yourself - that I had not thought about before...and a way that new technology - technology that nearly everyone has these days - can get the job done and may save your life!

This particular Church was destroyed during the tornados, and rescuers shared with me that the way they found the people trapped under the debris (so quickly) was that the trapped folks had managed to work their arms out of the debris - and openned their cell-phones...the light from the phones made it alot easier for the rescue team to locate them...now that's some solid thinking under extreme conditions.

Anyone have any other other tips?

Here's a photo from our asessment of the part of the Church I believe the people were trapped:

Views: 70

Reply to This

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service