Hi all! Just trying to get a feel for what kind of equipment is still in service out there! We've got a 1956 Ward LaFrance that was purchased new by the Dept and is still in active service (although not commonly!). Believe it or not, it's a 750 GPM Pump and is more powerful than a lot of the newer stuff we've got! The newest in the fleet is a 2003 Marion 75' Aerial Ladder. We've got a couple older trucks that are being restored and are collectors, but nothing else that old on the active roster. Anyone else still have good old trucks?

Views: 10407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still running the John Bean High Pressure on the FMC? I'm curious how many departments still run it (mine is one of them). We were quite proud to change the opinion of it to a few fire instructors at the last burn class we did, too.

Our oldest trucks are a bunch of converted Army 5 ton trucks from the early 70's. We use them as combination tankers/brush trucks. In fact, we find them so practical that we have refused the opportunity to get a new tanker at our station several times.

We have a 1966 Howe pumper on an IH chassis that is still in service, although on a reserve basis. This truck still can keep up with our newer rigs.

Nice!

The 1948 looks like a Crown. 

That is a sharp looking rig! 

Yes, we do, and yes there is. Pretty sure the insurance companies will take them before anything else does. I haven't been in the fire dept too long, but I am glad I can tell the story of my first fire, riding tailboard, looking up and seeing a giant black smoke cloud (was a rather large salvage yard fire, I later saw pictures of the cloud taken from 15-20 miles away), lights flashing, siren wailing, 2 more engines following us. 

WE have a 1975 Brockway pumper in service and first out when its up front, trade with 2000 Freight-liner every month. Still pumps very well, has had very good care. and good shape. Can stand up to the Freight-liner Makes the Brockway Show every year in Cortland, NY this year its Aug 10.

Our neighboring department got a fed grant for a 2010 3000 gallon tanker pumper to supplement their 1999 3000 gallon tanker pumper. Their nearest mutual aid tanker is 2 miles away, with 11 more within 15 miles. They serve 1200 people. It's not need; it's how you word your grant. The fed grant stinks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service