Hey everyone I was just wondering if you could send me a patch of your dept. I am collecting them and so far havent had much luck with it. If you could help that would be great. I love firefighting and want to get to know more people in this field. Good luck and stay safe out there.
FF Barltett

my address is

kayla bartlett
1512 fowler rd
whitingham VT 05361

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey there Kayla-

I am an ultra-newb (I start academy in 1 week) and so dont have any patches to send you, otherwise I would put one in the mail today from the department I am going to serve with here in N. IL. I have a passion for Vermont (I used to work at Bennington College) and anyone who serves the community out there is alright with me. I tell you what: we get our patches as sort of our badges once we get to a certain point in training. I may get one a little earlier because I am already an EMT and may be running medical/rescue. But as soon as I have more than the one that goes on my department work shirt, I promise to send you one. PM me with your address so I dont lose it in the sea of the forums and I will get it to you just as soon as I can. Sound good?
Kayla, you should probably consider finding department patches you want and contact them by sending one of your patches and a self addressed stamped envelope. You must consider some people have a hard time getting their department patches or may have to pay for them. Another good way to get patches is while traveling, stop by a firehouse and offer to trade patches. I'm just saying, simply saying please send me a patch probably won't get you very good results.
yeah that deff sounds good. Well good luck with your class. take care out there.
Kayla
Let me know if you have a patch from Depew New York.
If you do not i will get one & send it
Ray
thanks to those who responded.
kayla, give me a little time and i will send you some patches. I happen to work for three different departments and would be glad to send them to you. Good luck in your adventure. It is a fun one, i have been collecting patches for 30 something years and still am collecting.
Thank you very much jeff i look forward to getting them you have been a big help. good luck with you as well.. and if you want i can send you one of my dept as well as soon as i get one..
Good luck Kayla, with your patch collection. If I can find one from my Fire Dept. in Central Florida, I'll send it to you. I would appreciate it if you folks that like to trade patches would go to my (brand new) web site www.Firefighter-Biz.com and click on Firefighters Swap Shop. Here you can post what type of patches you have and what you would like to trade them for. It is free to do this. I would like to see a bunch of posts on there. Thanks for your help! Scott
Depsite my earlier offer to send you a patch or department shirt, unfortunately, our Chief has banned the practice within our department. We are not allowed to trade or sell patches bearing the NPFD name/logo and the district representative from MABAS has informed us (in the same meeting) that the trading or selling of any MABAS issued clothing, patches, etc will not be tolerated and is expressly forbidden. I have in the past enjoyed receiving patches from friends on other services, particularly in Canada, Australia, England and Ireland so I understand the enjoyment of the hobby, but I can also understand the need to control the use of the patches since they in effect act as our badges. We are all issued work shirts bearing the patch which we wear on medical calls, some MVAs, depending on the nature of our job on that call. Our engineers where them almost all the time. Sorry Kayla...I had hoped to send you a department patch but our list of things includes patches, pins, ball caps and shirts. I think this may be the unofficial stand with many departments, though many may also chose to turn a blind eye. As I say, I have nothing against it, I just cant participate with images bearing the logo of my department. Sorry.
that is okay. i do understand.. Hope all is well with you. Take care.
How's this for wierd? I'm a member of the Bartlett Fire Protection District in Bartlett, Illinois,(14 years) and I have a niece named Kayla. I'll throw one of my Dept. patches in the mail for you. I also collect patches, so if you're looking for a specific one, let me know. I might have it. Stay safe!
This has been moved to the appropriate category.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service