does anyone have a regular ruitine for fitness that can be done either at home or at the station with minimal equipment? i am looking to get into better shape but i don't have the means to purchase any equipment. we have some at the station but it is hard to find the time. currently i am walking 3-5 miles a day but i am looking for more ideas. thanks for the help and info.

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can always do calisthetics and resistence exercises. Sit ups, windmills, jumping jacks, push ups, etc.
I have a stationary bike, elliptical machine, free weights. I work out an hour a night. I ride 10 miles on the bike and then do 20 minutes of free weight. 4 sets of 25 each arm. Going to the country club pool this year. Got to look good for the over 50 women!
The best advice that I can give you, if you're looking for advice, is: no matter what you do, force yourself to do it. On nights when it would be easy to blow it off, get into your workout clothes and do your routine. It creates a discipline and you will go from forcing yourself to actually looking forward to it at the end of the day. Do it to music. I listen to Kid Rock, Zeppelin, Mountain, James Gang, Drop Kick Murphys. That hour goes by quickly with kickin' music.
Good luck.
Art
THANKS ALOT I WILL TRY ALL OF THIS. I HAVE GONE TO THE STATION TO RIDE THE ELLIPTICAL MACHINE BUT CAN ONLY DO ABOUT 5 MINUTES AT A TIME. I AM CURRENTLY OF FROM SHOULDER SURGERY, SO THE FREE WEIGHTS IS A NO NO.
Take your time and ramp up.
I started out doing two miles on the bike, then three, then five. Got to six, increased resistence, then I looked at my speed, increased speed from 14 mph to 15 mph. Now I am at 16 mph with medium resistence and doing 10 miles in under 38 minutes. I started this process five months ago and my goal was to be up to 10 miles by the end of January. I made it. I started walking then riding. I walk alot at work. I walk alot when I play golf. I park the car farther from the store and walk. I take stairs instead of elevators. It all helps. And I am in the best shape of my life.
Check your blood pressure and pulse often. Make sure your rates are appropriate.
What you want to do is mix some jogging in there too do cardio and stretching before to get warmed up. If you want to get in shape do 3-4 days a week with weights and 3 nights do cardio like running walking stuff like that to keep your heart rate up. Start small and work your way up you will be amazed on how much more alert and better you feel after you have been working out for a bit.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service