Hi my name is Dustin, I currently work part-time at my fire dept. But about two weeks ago I got accepted into the firefighting program in the Air Force Reserves. I've been trying to get in for about a year and a half now and just now got it. Whether i stay at reserve status or go up to active duty i havent decided that. But im really excited that i finally got in because I've wanted to join the military for a long time and since I've started in this field it's the only job I can see myself doing in the military. But I leave for basic training march 25th and should be done around may 9th then 2 weeks later I go to tech school. But I just wanted to thank all of my family and friends for all their support and to my recruiter for sticking with me all this time trying to get me the job I wanted.

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations I am so happy for you! You will do a great job!!
Just wanted to say thanks for serving. Good luck with boot camp. You will love the Air Force FD. There is a lot to learn do all you can. Good Luck and Thanks again for your service.
Way to go on the AF firefighter. I too have been accepted in the Air Force for Fire Protection Technology. I too am leaving for basic on March 25th but my recruiter said nothing bout a two week gap between basic and tech school. I was hoping to get it all done back to back. Well, hit me up if you wanna chat, maybe we'll see each other down there. Till then play safe.
Cool deal. If you would like any info on you tec school at Goodfellow AFB let me know. Even thou I am in the Army, All four branches go to the same school in Tx.
Good luck fellow soon to be airmen!!! The firestations on base are a little different than civilian but you will enjoy it juct the same. As for wandering whether to go active duty or not, that is totally up to you. My husband s active duty in communications and radar. We are at Lucas for his follow up training and then we go back to our home base for good. Again good luck and don't let them get to you in basic. You picked a good branch but they like to mess with your mind more than you physically!!!
Congratulations on getting in. I joined last may, left for bootcamp in November. I got the the Louis F. Garland Fire Academy in January, and I am actually still here. But I finally graduate next week! The training here is awesome. Probably one of the biggest pieces of advice I can give you, being a fire fighter in the civilian world prior to joining, is to "forget" all the stuff you know about firefighting. I was a volunteer before I came in and I though I knew a lot, but it was all slightly different from what they teach you here. So I had to throw all that stuff away and bascially re-learn everything so I could pass the tests and all that. See it too often, kids get here having prior experience and they fail tests because they want to keep doing things their way...or they learn something and all they can say is "Back in my department back home we did it this way...", the instructors here hate that, so don't do it! Other than that, you should have a great time here! I leave next week, and I'm really excited about that, but I definately had some good times here! Congrats again.
My congratulations!!! Good luck to you...
CONGRATS!!!!! Be great at what you do
congrats and good luck... stay safe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service