Ok I have a new group of Rookies that are in their 4th week. We only train twice a week.
The new group is only 5. (4 guys and 1 gal.)
I have this one guy that I don't think will make it through and if he does I'm not sure he will really be able to be safe.
He is a really a good guy and definately has the desire but not the smarts,
He is the hardest working of the bunch.
I have had several in the past that I have let go due to one reason or the other, and it never bothered me, but this guy is different. Any suggestions?

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well if this guy is different maybe you need to figure out how he learns, better hands on or class room. If he hasnt got the smarts he is probably a hands on learner. If you are unwilling to make the decision to cut him lose, then you should maybe have him do extra training. If you cant get him to where you would be comfortable allowing him lead an interior attack with one of your other probies it would be better off cutting him lose, before someone is hurt or killed by a mishap that he could cause. Now i do understand some in the fireservice learn better and take to it faster than others. Good luck! keep us updated on how things go.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service