This video was forwarded around earlier today, from FirefighterCloseCalls.com. Its a year-old video found on YouTube.

It shows some firefighters joking around, clearly going to or coming back from some sort of festivity presumably off duty. One firefighter appears to be drinking alcohol in the back of the engine.

Funny? Or does posting it online show firefighters in a bad light -- regardless of whether its on duty or not?

Views: 464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

um.......wow....... i'm going for the whole showing in a bad light thing...........
First for me, is that it is unsettling to see guys acting this way and drinking in a fire truck, just my personal take on it.
As a side note, the video itself, right or wrong (even without the alcohol), seems just plain stupid. I didn't find it funny while watching it, and I like to have a good time like nearly everyone else.

Does that officially make me an ornery old man?
I whole heartedly agree with you ..... I would NEVER be caught drunk on or near any official vehicle be it fd or pd side.... now what I am wondering is... was their chauffeur inebriated in some capacity as well?. .. I at least hope that wasn't the case........ what would members of the general population think if they were able to see into the window when this was happening...... oye
yeah.............I'm thinkin bad light myself.. I do Know that this sort of thing would NEVER fly in my dept. We would probally have full gear stashed away in the engine somewhere. What if the tones drop on a major incident while these guys are turning the back of the truck into a bar?
I agree it shows us in a very bad light. more of people not using common sense!
One word: Idiots.
It's disgusting.....and I'm disgusted with the pack of them. The public perception of volunteer firefighters is dicey enough without these clowns reinforcing that negative message.
Ugh. Bad light. At least they weren't moving.
I'm sure the District would just LOVE to see that video-
mhmm... can we say 12 floor up elavator ride to IA quicker than you can blink?
Seeing as how the comment I left on the YouTube page is still "pending approval" - I'll leave it here, live and in living color:

"Do us all a favor. Take your uniforms and burn them along with the video, the cigarette and the beer.
You make real firefighters look bad."

I may have typed it in anger without collecting my thoughts but I'M MAD AS HELL AND I DON'T GIVE A DAMN.

On Monday we'll bury a guy who would have had them eating lit cigarettes and spitting glass chips, right before he flat out kicked their asses. Where's Bob when we need him?
Based on the clearly demonstrated lack of judgement, professionalism or brain cells -- I suspect that any comments would engender zero response from any of these morons.

They're a disgrace to the uniform and the profession, and anyone who thinks that video is amusing needs a swift kick in the arse, or a lobotomy to spare other firefighters the indignity of any further video "mementos".
It's shameful.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service