I do not know if any of you get e-mails for "The Secret List" but I got this one this morning asking to spread it along so I thought this would be the perfect place.

Thanks and Stay Safe
Teddy

Hey....
After nearly a year of researching, assessing, and discussing the importance of caring for the needs of Firefighters who have been critically injured in the line of duty, the Int'l Association of Fire Chiefs Safety, Health and Survival Section (www.IAFCSafety.org) has released a short survey (link to survey is below) to collect more detailed and specific information on those needs. The survey will assist the IAFC SHS in gathering resources in developing sample SOG's for departments to use in the event of a critical firefighter injury. While we have all been very strongly focused on the issues of LODD (and will continue to be)...an area that requires additional focused attention is critical FIREFIGHTER INJURY.

Link to survey: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB228D3JXPZZ4

Please help the IAFC SHS spread the word about this survey so that they can obtain as much information as possible. If you know of a firefighter or emergency medical service worker who has been injured, please let them know about this survey. It is confidential and the information gathered will only be reviewed by the project committee.

By the way, even if you are NOT A CHIEF, you can JOIN the IAFC as an affiliate active member including being a part of the IAFC Safety, Health and Survival Section for just $100.00 total. If interested, click here:
http://www.iafc.org/associations/4685/files/mbrship_applicAFF.pdf The IAFC SHS can certainly use those who are insanely focused on the issues of firefighter safety, health and survival and who want to get involved with the related IAFC SHS committees and projects...
Here, take a look at what you could become involved with:
http://www.iafcsafety.org/1225205517SHS_Org_Chart_11.08.pdf
If you have ANY interest in any of the projects within the chart, sign up (if you are not currently a member) and then advise-you will be involved! Questions or interest in getting involved? Contact VLee@iafc.org

PLEASE PASS THIS E-MAIL/SURVEY INFO ON TO ANY AND ALL FIREFIGHTER and EMERGENCY SERVICE RELATED E-MAIL GROUPS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO.
Take Care,
BillyG
The Secret List 10-29-08 / 2119 hours
www.FireFighterCloseCalls.com

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Goldfeder is one of my heros. If you don't subscribe to the Secret List (which really WAS a secret until about 2 yrs ago when Billy was sending out a gigantic e-mail list every day and had to "regroup" and go about sending out information in a more technologically sound manner) please bookmark firefighterclosecalls.com and check it now & then when you have time. There are updates on lots of things going on in our world worth looking at.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service