I didn't come to know life until I was 6 years old and that's when I knew what the meaning of true love was. I had my Mom and Dad to take care of me pretty much through my childhood, they would buy me things for Christmas and make Christmas and Thanksgiving the best they could whether it be buy me a piece of Gum or maybe a dinner every once and a while, Mom and Dad did the the best they could to make a living for me and them and even though it was hard to make ends meet mom and dad stuck together through the worse. My mom and Dad took care of me really well and I loved them very much. When I was 8 years old we lived in Harriman Tennessee, in a small town house next to the highway. I was a hard headed boy back then when I was little and had my share of whippings. But mom and dad didn't hate me they were just teaching me right from wrong even though I told them as many times I hated them because they whipped me, deep down I knew it would teach me to learn my lesson and make me a mature grown man in heart. A few things happened when I was 8 years old, I went to Wal-Mart and seen this girl, she was little and had long brown hair and she was looking at the toys and she saw me and asked my mom and dad if she could come over there and kiss me on the cheek, her and I started the puppy love thing I guess you could say but she always made sure I had money and she would always bring me candy, even though I didn't know what I was doing I really enjoyed the warm love I was getting and the tender care she distilled in my heart. Her name was Bunny and I really liked her allot but just didn't know how to like her because I was little but me and her played together in the yard playing with toys and playing pretend. Before I turned 9 years old, mom dad and I were riding in the white Car and going up the hill when all of a sudden we were struck by a fast moving vehicle, the impact was so hard it knocked the breath out of me and mom and dad was out, I was crying and screaming loud because I was scared and alone, until I heard loud screaming noises coming to were we were at was a black and white car with lights on top of it and then I saw a red long truck and men in helmets and coats and boots. Then before I knew it the men were trying to get me out of the seat belt that I was stuck in, then these nice men came next to me and they took me and laid me on the bed and rolled me in this white van. I was rushed to the hospital that dark and stormy night with needles and Ivs in me. Mom and Dad were also in the room with me. Finally we were released from the hospital. When I turned 9 we had to move away and the thought of losing my friend was hardly unbearable. I cried and wanted to take her with me but I couldn't. So we moved to Sun Bright into the houses over there and we had some nice neighbors there and that is when I met my two best friends there, Josh Keaton and Billy Keaton we were compadraes played together and even more pretend again and even wrestled. One Christmas eve I was in the house when my mom took her first seizure, she started shaking and her eyes were rolled in the back of her head, I didn't know what to do but go get my neighbor to help, when I got there the door was slammed in my face and said they were busy even though it was my mom they didn't care, so dad finally came in and took mom to the hospital. When I was 11 years of age we moved again to Wartburg and life there wasn't all that great my teachers hated me and treated me wrong and I had nothing, when I was 14 years old I met my first girlfriend named Mandy Mcgrath I loved her very much but she used me more than once she dated me because I could sing good and that wasn't the right reason to date so later down the road we broke up, how it hurt so much I cried the whole night and was sick to my stomach. Well when it came for graduation to go to Central High School I met another girl who flirted with me the first day I was there and I'm not going into any details other than I had my first kiss. The next day I got in a fight with my best friend because she had already had a boyfriend even though she was flirting with me. So finally years down the road I become a little bit more strong and started playing football for the Bulldogs as Quarter back, man Ill never forget our scrimmage when I ran my first touch down the team yelled and we had a great time and they even got a war win over me. During the season I was told I had to quit because my mom got sick and was diagnosed with Muscular Sclerosis and the decisions we had to make in the family was hard to make but we stuck together. I never spoke to my parents for weeks because I was upset about quitting my football team but then I came to the realization that I loved mom and Dad more than just a football game. I started going to church at Friends Chapel Baptist until I turned 16 years of age. Then I joined the Fire Department when Johnny Freytag was Chief of the department. I loved the department very much and had some good times, I'm gonna try to get through this story the best way I can. I stayed in the department until my next door neighbor invited me to church at Good Shepard. Well I went there and not realizing I had this crush on this girl and then when I found out she had a crush on me I was shocked, we started talking and having good times and much more then it became a serious step to possibly getting into a much deeper relationship, well I dipped when I was at the department and had some good times until the girl I met and was getting married said its either the dip or her and so I threw my dip away because I loved her. and wanted to try to make life work and come together. Well I was getting ready to go to church one Thursday evening until a freak accident on the highway happened, it was a tractor traylor Chicken truck and the guy in the truck was penned and even though I wasn't in the department at the time I ran to help out the guy the best way I could and that is what got me in the first time, we shared allot at the department and more and then when it came time to have a yard sale Sunday, I was told the hardest decision to make that I didn't feel right about and that's when Kelly said it was either the department or her, I should have recognized right there but I didn't so I just walked out of the department and left my dreams behind. Well later down the road me and my brother like friend got in a fight and I ended up leaving my mom and Dads home let along the department and me and her got married and stayed married for a while, at first it was fun to be married until things got worse, first she complained because I didn't have a job or anything so I found work and tried to make a living for me and her both, my job was stationed in Morgan County were I worked at. Well I was enjoying the job and then when every time I came over on the weekend the more controlling she was, I was told not to use the computer at first then I was told not to bother the television or cook in the kitchen because it was her kitchen and that was it. Well the relationship just got worse and worse down the road, I was made fun of by her and her friends and was told I was lazy and didn't want to do anything around the house, my options were running out and I was running out of spirit as well . Controlling ran turned into arguments then it turned into something more worse than that, every time I wanted to do something I was told I couldn't do whatever the heck I just wanted to and get away with it and I was told that's not being a man and all I was doing was having fun because I was an outgoing guy to get along with and didn't care to do anything for anyone, well all that left me including a broken spirit as well, every time I was invited to a church to sing I would get jumped onto that and every time I ate I would get jumped on for that. Im trying not to cry but I cant help it. Well everything got worse and worse I was told if I ever got bad sick I would be stuck in a home because she didn't have the time to take care of me to nurse myself back again. I joined the Sky Warn program as Jamestown Meteorologist weather man and would get jumped onto for the duties I did as well. Even got my fingers broke and bended back because of the tools I wanted to get down to help me out. Well the story does not end there, later on down the road I started getting beaten by her every time I turned around I was even told I was hated a couple of times if not everyday, then that is when I wanted to make a decision and just up and leave and a few times I felt like walking out and made a few threats saying I was going to leave her to warn her because I could not do anything else to defend myself. So that is all I could do. Well the decision to going to my mom and and dads was the best decision I could ever make to think about things and work on the job, while I was gone she cheated on me with this guy and when I found out I was mad and hurt and had a broken heart, I should have left her then and almost did but I couldn't leave without giving a chance or anything so as stupid as I was I did give her a chance and things got a little bit better down the road then got worse again back to the beaten of being slammed into the wall and horse whips being stickened across my back. The pain was so unbearable and I was crushed. So I just wanted to get out of it while I could but still I was trapped. So I built her a fence and put the posts in the ground to get the fence ready the next day they were jerked out by her dad saying I was lousy and didn't know how to build fence right knowing I dug four footers and more and worked hard through sweat and blood and in the pouring rain at times, well then I bought her a horse and some poodles she asked for and took credit that she got all that stuff and left me with nothing. Well I just decided I better come home to mom and dad for a while and did, and at the same time she made her final decision that she would cheat on me some more and did. Well now I am back over here in Morgan County and in the Fire Department were I stand now, and moving up and its something I enjoy doing to keep my mind occupied and much more and glad I met the one I prayed about when I was 16. I guess you can say a fairy tale or miracle I don't care what you call it but call it justice and love. I love my fiancae and she has helped me understand not to give up and just keep going. And not only that but she gave me a wonderful seventeen year old little girl who I call my daughter and love her very much. No my fiancae does not have kids yet but we have claimed one in our lives and the best words that could ever be said to me is I love you Dad your the best. I love my woman Mrs Em Cooper and my girl Ashely Cooper and if it wouldn't for them two, I would be lost with a broken spirit and more. I'm glad they are in my life and I love them very much and yes I am going to marry the love I met because she was sent to me from above. I cherrish the moments we have on the phone and the computer and the times we laugh and cry and the times we tell one another we love you. I am a happy man now and a Dad and I thank God for it all. I love all my family on nation and my family I have now and will take care of you all. I guess when things happen the way they do its for a reason but no matter what time will tell. But to conclude this story I just want to say this even though you are going through a hard time just smile and move on no matter if its a crooked one and be positive about it as well.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service