Ok I am considering moving to Philly with my boyfriend. I was planing on starting Fire training here [Toledo, Ohio]. Can anyone tell me some what about how the programs are there, and like the call volume and stuff?

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If im right you can go to phillyfire.com i think thats the site and it would give you all the info you should need good luck now you know you got to be a philly fan now lol
That was kind of helpful! I just want to hear it from the people involved... not a website hyping it up. You know?
OK where to start. The city of Philadelphia is all paid, and has been since 1870-ish. There is the five county area , (Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, including the the city of Philadelphia) which ranges from ghetto to cow tipping dairy farms. Bucks, and Montgomery counties have good fire training sites, though Bucks has a much broader course load. In fact Bucks Fire academy teaches around the world.

If you could narrow down to what county, town, or township or borough, I could give you better guidance as to what their training is and call volume. For example Montgomery county has around 94 Fire companies.
Hmmmm. I am not sure yet. Actually my boyfriend will be stationed on a Marine base somewhere out there. I am thinking wherever I can get in, get the most experience, and action, not to mention the best training.
Sounds like maybe Willow Grove? although they are supposed to be shutting that down. If it is NAS Willow Grove that is Montgomery County.

I've lived in the Philly Area all my life (all of the counties except Delaware.) I can try to get you some info from a few people I know if you can narrow down a little more what area your going to be living in.
I found out to be more specific for everyone... it will be willows grove. We don't have to live on base, so the locals to that one. which are the best, and such. Thanks guys!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service