A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the blog. ...
So I put it to you, the members, are we seeing blogs written by bloggers or are we seeing messages left on a message board by messengers?
When a "blog" is written without sentence or paragraph breaks, no use of upper or lower case letters, misspellings and text code, is it a blog, an elaborate text message or someone who ditched English class?
Make an effort, people.
If what I am reading is the wave of the future, then our civilization and the English language as we know it is in deep trouble.
I am all for sharing your thoughts, but frame it so that it can be understood with minimal interpretation skills.
I have written about 65 blogs since joining the website. Many here have posted ONE blog/message-never to be heard from again. Blogger, my a**.
No; it doesn't have to be Shakespearian. Some of you know who William Shakespeare was, right?
But please, it's "I"; not "i", "you" and not "u"; "are"; not "r". And if it's not too much trouble, a period, comma or semi-colon would add texture to your "blog".
F.O.G.I.E. and proud of it.
TCSS.
Art

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And here I thought I was assisting you, Dave.
Excuse me while I call the Israeli Commandos.
It seems that my thread has been HI-JACKED.
Seriously; I can see the effort and I can see the changes made from just a few short months ago.
When are we going to see a black T-shirt with red FFN?
What is a T-shirt? Really.
TCSS.
Art
From the Blogging FAQ:
How Do I Set up a Blog and Why Would I Want To?
A blog is simply an online journal, diary or commentary. But unlike a regular diary you can add pictures, videos, widgets and other multimedia to your blog. You can talk about your latest call, post an opinion or commentary about a fire service issue, just about anything.

Just as you make regular entries to your journal, you also make regular entires to your blog. This could be as often as once a day or as infrequently as once a month (if you're like most people, you'll just make entries 'as and when' you feel like).

Why start a blog?

Use your blog to share your thoughts and tips with the world. Maybe you've decided to learn how to paint with oils in 30 days, and you want to journalize your experience for others to follow. Or perhaps...

You want to post a work in progress (WIP) adding pictures and notes at various stages for others to learn from.

Here's how you start a blog of your own:

Dave:
I apologize after reading this. You pretty much spell it out as a place for potpourri.
So, I guess instead of a blogger, I'd like to be a staff writer for you.:)
I know some other people too!
TCSS.
Art
Don't be a smart ass Art, I might take you up on that...and the other 'serious' bloggers. We'll need some contributors :) The fire service is ripe for a new breed of talkers, speakers and writers ... that is for sure. (By the way, unrelated check out Euro Firefighter, a new book by Paul Grimwood ... good stuff)

And keep in mind, just because that 'what is a blog' FAQ exists, doesn't mean everyone reads it ... nor we closely moderate it. What blogs are here is a work in progress ... trust me, we will find ways to separate true 'blogs' like what you, Wendy and others do, compared to the more 'bulletin' type posts that users moving over from MySpace, etc. are used to posting. Some of it is platform limitations (not easily being able to categorize, etc), other is just moderation processes that will improve.

I spent a day with the Ning folks in California the other day along with some other great network creators, sharing all of these same ideas, concerns, etc. because none of this is unique to FFN -- whether its a network for musicians, political, etc...all similar issues. Plus there are a lot of great features just within the platform coming to help that along.

Dave
What I got from reading Dave's comment is that he is saying: Be patient. Work with me. It will be good.
LOL. Yes :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service