ok so my junior department just found out we're overdrawn. We made this huge list of things to raise money ranging from a 3 am bake sale on black friday to a polar car wash (nov 2). What has your department done to raise money? We really need some ideas, this has really never been an issue for us before so we are kinda lost. help please
Jessica

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just so you know we live in a rural area and have a lot of muscle power willing to work. For some reason its my job to find some things to make money
This thread has been moved to the Junior FF topic. Please post threads in the most appropriate category.
Just to clarify i was going for help from the senior members for things that worked in the past.
Well, we've done good on car washes, concerts, haunted houses, get everything from all your members and have a huge garage sale. Also in stead of a bake sale, do a spaghetti dinner,
Yes, and nothing stops them from responding here :)
we have raised money with the dinner and the raffle that was a fifty fifty split. We also did a turkey raffle that was also a d,tinner with turkeys raffled every half hour. We were able to raise about 5,ooo dollars and every body had fun. Check out the local stores for gift certificates and two for one certificates. It helps the owner of the store with free publicity and gives you prizes at no cost. Our local movie theater and the pizza joints were great. Some of the other towns in teh area raffled a harley and made some big bucks but I don't know how they set it up. I know they had a number of tickets they commit to and then they get the rest. Best of luck
well the idea was everyone waiting in line at wal-mart will want something sweet beofre / after they shop, not sure if it will work though.
How about Rock band concert. High School rock band are newbies, but they are good at it. If you can make a negotiation with them that their talent fee to a minimum or none. Convince them that this is for a good cause.

So we are down to overhead expense will be sound system and venue rental.
cut it again, how about highschool premises as a venue with just a permission letter from the school head.

Hey, FFN fellas any ideas? keep it up.....
We have Turkey Shoots in November, we send out donation letters in janunary, and hava a Chili supper in march. Sounds maybe a little money managemet class could help also.
yup, a dilemma can be a challenging experience for the post explorers. Definitely they gonna apply what they've learn from school.
one more thing, if the time frame is short. scratch the rock band option.
Jessica,
Our Juniors sell popcorn at our Bingo, return pop bottles from the hall, and sell house number signs with reflective numbers. They have several "50/50" raffles during the year. Hope this helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service