I have a question for all you in the fire departments....this might be pretty stupid, but I was wondering if I could go to a fire department around my area and kindof hang out and see the firetrucks? Is this an ok thing or very not ok? I think it would be so much fun and to talk to the firefighters and just get to know them a little and hear their stories if they would tell them. I don't know how to approach them if its an ok thing to do. Any help? Thank you.

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats a good idea Jenny!!! A little thanks is never a bad thing huh?
That is really sweet Shareef, I always feel like I would be bothering them. I know I don't like to be bothered at work. Its an unfounded feeling and I'm sure I'm wrong. I do want to go to more departments and actually meet the guys there and hear what they have to say. I'm on a mission!!!! hee hee
Are the dept. unlocked? I thought they keep em locked up tight. I think I just have to find the right one where there are people there. It really was cool to see everything. You guys really have to have lots of stuff and have it all on ya too and fight the fires. Wow, whole new respect for you all. Awesome!!!!
I did learn alot. I was pretty amazed. I do want to go again and maybe this time we'll find people to talk to. I want to thank everyone for all the comments back too by the way. I guess its true....firefighters are the best!! Can't go to a police station and check out their stuff. hee hee
Now that would be sweet Tim. I'm gonna check into that definately. Thanks for the info. They probably don't offer that around here but I'm gonna check out if any close to me would. What a rush that would be. Way too cool.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service