HEY EVERYONE

IS ANYONES DEPT USING OR CONTEMPLATING USING THE NEW FEDERAL SIGANL RUMBLER SIREN? IF THE VIDEOS SHOW TRUE ON TESTING THE SIREN WILL HELP GET THE PUBLICS ATTENTION SO WE CAN RESPOND SAFER AND GET TRAFFIC CLEARED. HERE IS FEDERAL WEB LINK AND THE YAHOO VIDEO LINKS TOO

TAKE A LOOK AND TELL ME WHAT YA THINK.

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like an awesome siren. My only question is whats the decible level, and when can we expect the lawsuits for hearing damage to happen, or read stories about drivers causing accidents because of being startled from vibrations on a siren?
Looks like it is effective, but I don't think my department would part with their federals.
Oddly enough, I just read an article about this a few weeks ago. The Washington DC Police are putting it on their cars. Supposed to have postive results so far.

This is not a siren that I believe is supposed to take the place of normal sirens, it's in addition to it. At least in the article I read, it said that they automatically shut off after a brief period, like 15 seconds (From a poor memory, don't quote me). The point is to get the person's attention, get them out of the way, and then it goes off.

Supposedly, people feel it vibrating their cars and the ground. I think it would be good to have, personally. Anything that gets their attention!!
Nothing like posting the same web address 4 times in the same thread. We all can see the responses, no need to add the website 1000 times

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service